mortgage - paid cash in hand, legally. issues?

Options
sally1298
sally1298 Posts: 12 Forumite
edited 31 March 2017 at 5:04PM in Mortgages & endowments
Question on behalf of my friend:

I have been paid in cash for 1 year now, I have paid tax and am on the books.
To obtain a mortgage, would I struggle? I can request to be paid via Bacs for foreseeable future, as I start a new role next month.

I only ask as I am asked for 3 months bank statements which wouldn't show salary credited to account?

Thank you

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    There are only a couple of lenders who accept it.
    They would want more paperwork than normal, they would potentially do checks with the companies accountant and/or HMRC.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • sally1298
    sally1298 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    would you mind pointing me to the right direction please?
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    A broker?
    Im not allowed to name lenders as there could be other reasons why they may reject you. If I point you to a lender and that happens im opening myself to a complaint...ACG said.... then our regulator castrates me and I dont really fancy that.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure