World's best cat litter

Options
I usually buy catsan but got fed up of stepping on errant grains that escape the tray (that stuff can rival lego in the pain stakes) so bought a bag of "world's best" cat litter.
I put it in the trays on Friday and so far it's been a huge hit with the cats - they think it's so tasty they won't wee on it and have been going to the loo in the garden instead :rotfl:
If they were gobbling it down I would be quite concerned but as they're just nibbling the odd few grains here and there I'm hoping the novelty will wear off soon.
Has anyone else's cat had this kind of reaction to it or are mine being a bit....special?

Comments

• K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine have never had this reaction ... must be funny to watch!
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 March 2017 at 1:16PM
    Options
    We have 'Cat's Best' litter which, I believe, is similar to World's Best.

I've never seen a cat trying to eat the litter, though! If you still have some catsan, perhaps you could try mixing it until they cotton on the fact that new stuff isn't food!

ADD - Just googled it and they're not the same. Cat's Best is made from organic wood/plant fibres, while World's Best is made from corn husks - which could explain the confusion!
  • ZachGold
    ZachGold Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    hahah... oh dear, that's "unique" to say the least. :D
  • BJV
    BJV Posts: 2,535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My friends cat ate some catsan and went a bit mad. While being funny it was also very scary, started to have a real guttural almost bark and kept walking backwards with fur standing up. Thank fully this was a one off ooh not nice.
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!:A
  • Teaandacrunchie
    Options
    We use catsan and it is EVERYWHERE! But it is really good at keeping the smell locked in. The worst we had was the sawdust stuff. I've not heard of the world's best brand but I'll look it up as I'm fed up on the little bits everywhere. I'm sure she's digging to Australia half the time!
  • zuzuspetals
    zuzuspetals Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I usually buy catsan but got fed up of stepping on errant grains that escape the tray (that stuff can rival lego in the pain stakes) so bought a bag of "world's best" cat litter.
    I put it in the trays on Friday and so far it's been a huge hit with the cats - they think it's so tasty they won't wee on it and have been going to the loo in the garden instead :rotfl:
    If they were gobbling it down I would be quite concerned but as they're just nibbling the odd few grains here and there I'm hoping the novelty will wear off soon.
    Has anyone else's cat had this kind of reaction to it or are mine being a bit....special?

I've been using that cat litter for years and I think it's great. It is completely natural so it shouldn't harm them if they experiment with it! One of my cats goes a bit mental digging it before she does a number two. I spend half my life sweeping it up : )
  • fangoose
    fangoose Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kittens will often try this. Won't do any harm and mixing with some old brand litter may stop it as putting some used litter in. Homes with dogs may have more of a problem and then it's a case of covered trays with entrance facing the walls. Been using worlds best for years - at home and in rescue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure