Planning for the next chapter

Options

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on the second overpayment!! Regarding the non-payment on ebay, can you not raise a dispute with ebay? Disgusting really, if they weren't going to pay why did they bid on it or atleast tell you so you can put it back up for sale! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi guys

Added £210 today, thats £200 normal payment & £10 from a survey

I have to confess I kept £100 back to go away for a weekend as i haven't had a holiday this year or last come to that and some friends asked me to go along, so after a lot of soul searching and in the scheme of things I didn't think it too bad

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy isn't that the saying!

Good news tho is that the extra £10 took me below the next £1,000 bracket (£72,990) yeah
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think is good that You kept some back and took some time away. Make sure you are enjoying life as well as providing for your future with the mortgage. Life is all about balance :)

Great news on such big OPs!!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • allmannerofthings
    Options
    Well done on the overpaying, you're doing brilliantly! Have you had your weekend away yet? I'm thinking of having a few days away later in the year too, not sure where yet...
  • skye_blue
    Options
    hi

weekend away not until the august bank holiday, but good to have something to look forward to

its a coach trip with one night stay with evening meal and breakfast included. my friend had an email offering 10% off if we booked so only cost £62 all good and shouldnt need too much spends

made a couple of small ebay sales and a bit of cash back received so a bit of start to my next payment already before my pay day comes around

have a good weekend folks
  • skye_blue
    edited 4 August 2017 at 9:31PM
    Options
    Hi guys

Just done the monthly shuffle and have £350 to overpay this month (now £72,640) - paid £2,058 so far this year - not loads compared to some folk but im chuffed im making progress

I decided to put an additional £50 (as well as my usual £10 per wk) into my emergency fund this month as I have been thinking that its not easy to get any mortgage overpayments back and i would like a bit more behind me

Ive got a few pounds left in my paypal account but im going to leave this for now

Also ive been asked if im interested in going to new york, (ive never been but always wanted to) for a friends big birthday in 18mths time - whilst its not very money saving ive got my thinking cap on

Do i reckon i could save it in a £2 coins tin in that time, should i leave my ebay/survey money in my paypal and use that, should i just say no????

Think i'll just try and make extra funds somehow and decide nearer the time, i can always pay it off the mortgage later if i decide not to go .... but i do want to go!!!
  • skye_blue
    Options
    Hi guys

The weekend trip away was cancelled and the only one available at this short notice was a mystery weekend, so we've booked on that. Fingers crossed its ok but its still a break

I paid my over payment in the branch again this week and to be honest i think i'll go back to phoning up next month. They don't seem to know what to do, they have to keep going to get another member of staff to ask how to do it and it takes 15-20 mins out of my 30 min lunch break

Takes all the pleasure away from doing it!

have a good weekend everyone
  • skye_blue
    Options
    Hi guys

Had a lovely mystery weekend away - went to ludlow - didn't spend too much

Have been into my bank and asked them to set up the online banking for the mortgage so I can do it myself as the month goes along, I know a lot of you do this already but I was nervous about making a mistake - just need to wait for my normal payment to go out and then I can send some extra over -
  • maia_evo
    maia_evo Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Skye blue, saying hello as I am quite new around here.

Read your diary and I think you are doing really well. Once you get used to the online banking I'm sure you'll love the convenience of it. Good luck and I'll keep on reading your updates.
    Take care of the here and now and the future will be taken care of.
  • skye_blue
    Options
    Hi guys

£440 paid so far this month, i think i can stretch a few £'s more to overpay but having a few minor jobs done at home this weekend so i'll wait and see first

Payments can be paid up to 10 days before next time payment is due so think i'll try and find another £60 - make it up to £500 this month, that would be good

Enjoy your weekend folks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport