Options
2»

Comments

• takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bryando wrote: »
    The fuss would be giving my time for nothing as the company makes millions in profit! Will wait for my probation period to expire then write to the HR folk. Every induction I have been at was paid. But this no mention was made. Never thought about it until I was asked by family.

If your waiting till after your probation period so you can't easily be fired for kicking up a fuss then your going to have to wait until you have been there for two years. That's when your real employement rights kick in.

So making a complaint about a couple of hours missing pay from two years ago if going to look very strange...
  • dcouponzzzz
    Options
    Many companies that make millions per year do so because they trim the expenses well, in areas such as unpaid inductions. It has no bearing on whether you'll be paid for it, and the mindset of 'they have money so they must be generous with it' is a very immature one.
    Started 07/15. Car finance £6951 , Mortgage: 261k - Savings: £0! Home improvements are expensive
  • aife
    aife Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Industry could be factor.

I think I've mostly been paid (often worst case is reduced hours hence less pay then expected clearly) except a home Carer position for 5 days induction and first 3 shifts but I'll admit even that is going back some 5 years.

I second asking.

Am I reading this correctly ? You worked eight days without pay ?!! Who was the employer ?
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've always been paid for inductions because they have taken place after the official start date. Did you pop in prior to starting or was it after your official start date?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure