LGPS had incorrect hours for 8 years

Options
2»

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Payroll data will have to be kept for up to 13 years - it may be needed for best year figures for the final salary link.

Something as drastic as the OP's change from whole time to part time should have been picked up on the year end return 12 years ago, but may have been masked by fluctuating pensionable extras? The increase from 2.5 days (?) to 3 days would have been less likely to throw up a 'flag' as the increase in contributions could have registered as a pay increase.

CARE was introduced in 2014, so hours histories for service before then are still being checked when the member asks for a quote or leaves - but as time goes on I can see this becoming harder and harder to monitor. Yes, the responsibility for producing the correct data lies with the employer, but it's the duty of the LGPS administrator to ensure that the correct pension benefits are paid. I've looked at records in the past and, although they have agreed with the data supplied by the employer, they just didn't feel right so I'd ask the employer to check their figures again. Sometimes the change was to the benefit of the pension member, sometimes it wasn't, but it was my job to check.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure