PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 11 March 2017

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Another bad night, after 1am before I got off and was awake again just after 6, not good enough.

We are off to the chapel for breakfast this morning and then going on to my quilting friends for a chat and tea.

Mother and baby are doing OK. Mum is sore obviously, and running a temperature from time to time, baby is doing fine. lots of pictures yesterday with his grandparents. He has a really cute set of hats. We will wait till they are settled at home before we go to see them.

No other plans for the day, its rather grey and misty, maybe the sun will break through later.

Thank you to everyone for the messages, I am just relieved that he arrived safely and all is well.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,045 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    FBO - just read your posting from yesterday, your choices are Arrochar with lots of B&Bs and hotels or over the other side of the Rest. I'll have a search around.

In edit - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=accommodation%20near%20loch%20fyne%20oyster%20bar.
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Just having a browse and a cuppa after a busy couple of hours. Ironing done , hoovered downstairs and bathrooms cleaned. Towels are washing and DD has been warned not to put anything in my empty washing basket! Its dry outside but dull, I'll put the towels out for a blow. I have an online food hygiene course I have to do for work so I might get that out of the way this afternoon. Problem is, I'd far rather be reading my book!

Had a strange week...found out last weekend that a close and very young member of our family is pregnant and very close to giving birth. She had no idea so theres been lots of tears, but everyones pulling together and helping her come to terms with things. Her boyfriend, also very young, is standing by her and wanting to be involved. I know a lot of people will judge and that's what we're afraid of for her, but its happened and she needs a lot of love and help. It's just a situation that was totally unexpected.
    Just shows, we never know what's coming up.
    Well, I'm going to move...hope everyone has a good day
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :(:(:(

My WM is knackered...I waited 2 and a half hours for it to stop turning on a wash cycle that should take one hour...eventually switched it off as it was never going to spin...

I'm leaving it to sulk whilst I battle with dripping wet 100% cotton king size duvet cover :cry::cry::cry:.....

I'm hoping it's just having a hissy fit and will calm down after a rest :o...I certainly can't afford a new washer :(
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everybody
    Well managed to do most of the list of jobs yesterday although the Easter hat sewing took a lot longer than anticipated.
    Not much achieved today as my head is spinning every time I get up. Have no idea why, just feel like I'm drunk. ( haven't touched a drop honest ! :rotfl:)
    DH helped me unload and reload the DW.
    So sitting on the sofa quietly and will be watching a film later.
    Tea tonight will be chicken kiev ( found them lurking in the freezer when I sorted it yesterday ) and probably oven chips or wedgies. I shall leave DH to cook.
    TA it's no good telling you not to worry because you will, so I shall send you all the good vibrations I can. Also Happy Birthday for tomorrow. ( in case I'm not able to post til the evening.)
    Karcher just :mad: on your behalf.
    FBO have a great time.
    Hester enjoy your boat time.
    Sorry if I've missed anyone.

nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • newroadahead
    newroadahead Posts: 1,187 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello All
    Congratulations Csarina and good luck Hester with your new life on a boat
    My D step mum finally journey took place in the early hours last Sunday morning at home with me and dad
    It has been a very busy week since then as I had to get back to work on Tuesday
    I have arrived at dad today and he is having a nap
    Funeral is in just over a week have organised in laws to look after DMIL so I can concentrate on dad
    Thank you for all your kind thoughts and wishing everyone well
    Love and hugs
    NRA xxx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
  • nannywindow
    Options
    Newroadahead Sending you gentle hugs for you and your Dad.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NRA (Bev ) my thoughts are with you honey and I hope all goes well for you and your Dad. xx

TA I used to like Grossmiths 'White Fire' or Helena Rubensteins 'Apple Blossom', my late Dad had his own chemist shop and I would get lots of the left over samples from the shop so although being fairly broke as a young teenager I always smelt deeevine mah deear :):):) and vey affulent :):):)I too wasn't keen on Lentharic's 'Tweed'. Now I only have my Chanel No.5 and its my one luxury from myself to myself :):):)

Strangly enough the one smell that reminds my youngest DD of me when she was young was 'Windolene' as I always cleaned the windows on a Monday after doing the washing, and then cooked Rock cakes for her and her sister coming home from school :):):) My smell of my Mum was Yarldeys Old Lavender as she always smelt of it. Has anyone else a favourite smell that brings back strong memories at all ??
  • nannywindow
    Options
    JackieO My mum always loved Yardleys Lavender especially the talc and soap. For my Nan it was 4711 Eau de Cologne and I always remember her putting a dab of it on the hem of her dress everyday. It's funny how a scent can bring back such vivid memories.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,045 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 11 March 2017 at 5:59PM
    Options
    I'm back in my own nest! It's very mild here and so far no rain, Glasgow was very wet.

NRA - condolences to you and your Dad and the wider family. I hope your step mum's travel was peaceful.

I've filled the bird feeders, unpacked my wee bag and just about to tackle the shopping bag. There was so much post waiting for me, I've only been gone since Thursday but I'm now eating through envelopes and bits of paper and so on.

I bought a YS Charlie Bingham goulash for me meal today.

As for evocative smells...I wore Charlie a lot, wasn't it in a round yellow bottle? Or was that Anais Anais? EDIT - this is Charlie so not the round yellow bottle!

EDIT TWO = found the yellow bottle - Kiku. This picture is of the powder but I'm almost sure that the perfume came the same way.

My brother wore Brut, even the phone stunk of it! His friends were worse because most favoured Hai Karate!

My Dad was a fan of imperial Leather soap and always smelt of it.

My beloved Omi is brought right into my mind when I smell 4711.

My mum wore Chanel 5 or a lemony one L'eau d'Lancome.

The only perfume I use now is Coco Chanel, have done for years.

So many memories are tied directly to smells, it's almost painful.

I shall make a cup of tea and think of smells and passed family for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure