Help with Personal Loan

Options
13»

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Killacam wrote: »
    What do you recommend for me to do? Tesco are apparently a lot easier to get, would you recommend me to apply for that? or not? and just bite the bullet and borrow from family.

I would recommend that you don't borrow any more money. You seem to think that you can have whatever you want, buy now pay later. The truth is that you are living beyond your means, spending more than you earn, it can only lead to disaster.

Sell everything that you frittered money away on, and start saving now. Look how you can cut down your day to day living expenses, no buying lunches out, no pubbing and clubbing for a few months. No buying new clothes, no buying anything until you have saved enough for a car.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Vikipollard
    Vikipollard Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The truth is, comments like this actually do help. I appreciate the time taken to write that reply. What do you recommend for me to do? Tesco are apparently a lot easier to get, would you recommend me to apply for that? or not? and just bite the bullet and borrow from family.

You just aren't listening, are you? The overwhelming recommendation is that you SAVE UP and buy the car. Not borrow from a bank, or stiff your family.

By your own admission, you have no disposable income as you fritter it all away on tat.

You didn't answer the question on how you plan to pay for the car insurance you will need - potentially at 200-300 per month at your age, if you haven't had a car before to build some no claims.
    LBM July 2006. Debt free 01 Sept 12 .. :T
    Finally joined Slimming World: weight loss 33lbs...target achieved 51wks later 06.05.13 & still there :j
    Aim to be mortgage free in 2022. Jan 17 33250 Nov 17 27066 Mar 18 24498 Sep 18 20608 Nov 18 19250 Jan 19 17980 Mar 19 16455 May 19 15024 Nov 19 10488 Feb 20 8150 May 20 5783 Aug 20. 3305 Nov 20 859 Mortgage free, 02.12.2020
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't add anything other than Vicky has posted but will say the more applications you make the more desperate you will look to any potential lender and they will risk you appropriately ( either decline you or a very high APR ).

If you decide to reply to this post please answer the question we all want to know - HOW WILL YOU AFFORD THE LOAN REPAYMENT AND CAR INSURANCE IF YOU HAVE NO FUNDS AVAILABLE EACH MONTH!

Sorry for shouting but I fear you are hard of hearing.
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What do you recommend for me to do?

Decide what you want more:

clothes and stuff ("lol")

or

a car

then save up your money and buy it.
This discussion has been closed.