More 2 Life Equity Release Lifetime Mortgage

Options
13»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're really not helping anotherjoe. How exactly does 'an estate' sell a property?

You may find greater support amongst posters if you were less adversarial.
    I'm the executor and sole inheritor of the estate, but the land registry have a block on any transfer of the property without written consent from aviva. Aviva will not provide that consent!

That is correct. You can't just transfer the property like that. The debt needs to be repaid before it can be transferred. Aviva would block it as would any lender.
    I have a mortgage arranged as I have explained but the solicitor is unable to get any further with out go ahead from Aviva.

Aviva would provide a redemption figure to the conveyancer upon request. This figure is updated prior to completion and the conveyancer pays them from the transfer of funds from the new lender. It is a routine transaction.

Have Aviva been supplied a copy of the death certificate, probate and Will?
    What do Aviva tell you when you ask them what is needed?
    Clearly the qualified professionals I'm paying to try to sort things out know nothing, if only we were all as wise, and helpful as you!

They are obviously failing to do their job because they haven't told you exactly what the issue is. If they were doing their job you would know exactly what the issue was.
    The mortgage arranged which can't proceed without written consent from aviva is to cover the 16k to aviva, and release money to me to improve the property.

They don't need written consent. They need a redemption figure. From what you have said, it looks like they are trying to transfer the property to your name with the debt still in place. Aviva won't allow that. The debt has to be cleared prior to transfer just like a normal mortgage would do.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • rachelleigh73
    Options
    Hmm - why do I feel as though my thread has been somewhat hijacked? I was hoping for some specific feedback on More2Life as an equity release lender. Please?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm - why do I feel as though my thread has been somewhat hijacked? I was hoping for some specific feedback on More2Life as an equity release lender. Please?

You are quite correct. I did point out the thread hijack on the other thread that missmarch17 posted on but I was quickly rebutted for being rude.

So, back on topic, our equity release advisers have never used them. So, I have no knowledge or experience with them. In fact, I had never heard of them before this thread.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure