We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Vegetable crisps
krlyr
Posts: 5,993 Forumite
Anyone made any before? Trying to cut back on processed foods, so decided I would make a batch of oven baked vegetable crisps to munch on. Got a mixed veggie pack just to try them - swede, parnsip, carrot, sweet potato.
Followed a recipe, used coconut oil (refined so it didn't taste coconutty), sprinkled with a spice mix...all not back, except the carrot ones. I thought they'd be the best ones actually, with carrot being sweeter, but they have this really horrible aftertaste to them, quite gross! Anyone made carrot crisps and found this before? Have I done something wrong?
Followed a recipe, used coconut oil (refined so it didn't taste coconutty), sprinkled with a spice mix...all not back, except the carrot ones. I thought they'd be the best ones actually, with carrot being sweeter, but they have this really horrible aftertaste to them, quite gross! Anyone made carrot crisps and found this before? Have I done something wrong?
0
Comments
-
I only do parsnip and beetroot.0
-
It helps to dehydrate them before sticking them in the oven.
It takes a sharp eye to get this right. There is a fine line between crisp and charred!Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!
"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio
Hope is not a strategy
...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!0 -
I once accidentally made courgette crisps. I dried them with kitchen roll before sprinkling them with a little parmesan & put them into a med oven - but then took a phone call!!!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
