We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Old style spring cleaning - Please share your moneysaving secrets
Comments
-
My top tip fo cleaning the oven: if it's not used, it doesn't get dirty. HTH.:eek: Ovens need cleaning?!
Blimey, glad I was out when that memo was circulated.
Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!
"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio
Hope is not a strategy
...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!0 -
trinidadone wrote: »Have you got any ideas on cleaning that oven. getting the kitchen floor gleaming, or even the outside paving looking good?
I find mentioning it to the cleaning lady in the morning means it's done by the time I get home but truth be told the place is always spic and span.0 -
The Astonish oven and cookware cleaner is good. They also make a mould and mildew spray and that is good on grungy grouting. Open the window or you'll have the stink of bleach in your nose for the rest of the day.I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back0
-
ancientofdays wrote: »The Astonish oven and cookware cleaner is good. They also make a mould and mildew spray and that is good on grungy grouting. Open the window or you'll have the stink of bleach in your nose for the rest of the day.
Thank you for the tip, where do you get your cleaner from?Trinidad - I have a number of needs. Don't shoot me down if i get something wrong!!0 -
Pound land, they don't always have the Astonish mould remover but 3 times out of 4, they do. You can just spray it on, go and do something else for 10 minutes and come back and rinse it all off.
You can get more expensive versions but they cost over 3 times as much and aren't hugely different.I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back0 -
ancientofdays wrote: »Pound land, they don't always have the Astonish mould remover but 3 times out of 4, they do. You can just spray it on, go and do something else for 10 minutes and come back and rinse it all off.
You can get more expensive versions but they cost over 3 times as much and aren't hugely different.
TY so much
Trinidad - I have a number of needs. Don't shoot me down if i get something wrong!!0 -
Is there any kitchen surface, dinning table home made spray, money savers use?Trinidad - I have a number of needs. Don't shoot me down if i get something wrong!!0
-
I like the Astonish range as it also has the leaping bunny, which means it hasn't been tested on animals.
I'm a bit fed up today as the sun is shining and showing up all the dust and making me want to start spring cleaning. Only thing is my boiler is off at the moment so waiting for the oh to repair, if he can, meanwhile it's no fun boiling the kettle every time I need hot water so I won't be getting much cleaning done to today!0 -
trinidadone wrote: »I have a dirty keyboard for my PC, seem to have crumbs built up in between the keys, and some muck on the keys
Pop the keys off and give it a clean.
Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck
Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway0 -
trinidadone wrote: »Is there any kitchen surface, dinning table home made spray, money savers use?
-1/4-1/2 cup of white vinegar
-2 tablespoons of baking soda
-Several drops of tea tree or eucalyptus essential oil
-Spray bottle
-Enough water to fill the bottle
Shake before use.:DCurrently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck
Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards