Cherry takes the reins

Options

Comments

• VelvetFreak
    VelvetFreak Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Cherry! Finally managed to get caught up on your diary. Gosh I'm a slacker. You had me giggling with the chicken coop business.

I think the offset mortgage is definitely worth it. I am terrible at maths too.

Also congrats on fitting into those jeans.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,109 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I'm weary tonight which hasn't helped my mood and the day has been grey and rainy but all is not lost as I have had cake! (My friend's birthday). It blew the diet but it's only for one day.

We have ordered the camera that we decided we need for DS's wedding, and also for all those arty shots we fail to make on our phones, and I went to the supermarket - the only thing we actually needed was sugar but I spent nearly £20. :eek: Mind you, carrots and mushrooms will be good low calorie snacks, and DS has given me a large pot of yogurt he doesn't want. Back to making overnight oats tomorrow. And my friend's who's a nurse has saved me having to keep my doctor's appointment so I'll cancel that tomorrow.

I've agreed to meet up with DD for lunch and meet a friend later tomorrow so I won't be wallowing at home. :)

27th
    Spends
    Camera £309.00
    Housekeeping £18.71
    MS stuff
    Free cake
    Free yogurt
    The two overnight shifts at work have paid for my wedding shoes.
    Found some books at home for holiday reading.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    The Mirror says it's a European Monsoon, by which they mean it's raining. Observant of them.

I had a lovely lunch with DD, on the upper floor of one of my favourite eateries, and part way through she suddenly stared at the window behind me and said she thought she was seeing things. There was a line of cars going past at eye level! Of course it was a car transporter edging along in slow traffic but it did rather make one do a double-take!

DD paid for lunch as a late birthday present for me. :)

On to visit my friend for a catch up, home via the supermarket and somewhere along the line picked up two click & collect parcels, already paid for.

Spends:
    Gift £3.50
    Housekeeping £3.58
    MS stuff:
    Lunch from DD
    Couple of reduced items in supermarket
    Chicken and chips from the freezer (they weren't even on my 'use up' list)
    Wombled 7p
    Confession time:
    Forgot to take a carrier bag and bought one of those 55p ones.

The rain continues... tomorrow we're going to scatter Mum's ashes: a sad day but I will take some wildflower seeds to scatter too, something that the bees would like. I think she would have liked that - and they will get a good watering!

• Cherryfudge
    Options
    NSD and no run: spent a lot of time in the car but have laid Mum's ashes to rest and planted a rose for her. A sad day and one I'm glad is behind me but I'm pleased we've honoured her wishes.

We got a takeaway (DH paid) and took sandwiches for later so it hasn't cost me anything.

It was good we had a break in the weather though when we got home, guess what? It was still raining.

Tomorrow I'm at work and later I need to make a plan to do some 3baying next month. It's been on hold for a few weeks as things have been so busy but the items haven't gone away.

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sending you a big hug cherryfudge. What a difficult day for you but you did right by your mum xxx
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Options
    Positive thoughts for you Cherryfudge.

Tx
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • Cherryfudge
    edited 30 June 2017 at 11:42PM
    Options
    Thank you parsniphead and Tahlullah. Hugs and positive thoughts mean a lot. :)

No food bought today, probably because I was tired after an early shift and fell asleep! DH found things for tea in the freezer so the downward trend in fridge and freezer ingredients continues. I won't update the food list just now as it's still mighty long, incomplete and nothing more actually got finished. :D

I did decide to browse the Kindle offers and spent £1.99 on a couple of books without finding what I was looking for. One I didn't intend to buy so I've been trying to cancel the order - nowhere can I find a way to do that, though I tried blipping the button that says 'purchased in error?'.

DH and I went for a run this evening: perfect running conditions for me because it wasn't too warm, but DH was struggling with hayfever and a bit wheezy. Having made it to 5K, I think I'll hold back on recording my runs as they're nothing to do with money saving, though I may mention them from time to time.

Actually, they are cheaper by far than the gym, so they are very moneysaving. :)

No days off till Tuesday but then I really must press on with decluttering as well as getting ready for hols and The Wedding.

Spends:
    Books £1.99 - update: found how to get a refund, so 99p back to me some time soon. :)
    MS stuff:
    Avoided food shopping

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Planting a rose for your mum is such a lovely thing to do.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Quite a weird day today, following not enough sleep. I went to work and found out I'd lost track of multiple rota changes (some instituted by me), and I wasn't due in till later. We went to the car boot sale where I foud a book for 50p which I'd been considering buying for more off 4mazon.

I've done several loads of washing - nice to be able to dry it outside again but there's a big backlog from the rainy days. I also sent a couple of bags of clothes and rags from Mum's house to the textile recycling, much to DH's relief.

DD and her partner came round on their way to the airport and weighed their cases. Lots of last-minute rearranging to lose a couple of kilos, so I have blithely promised I will bring her bridesmaid dress in my hand luggage as well as my own dress! The new book on travelling light recommends packing cubes so I've just ordered a set. They seem a lot to me for something that just divides up my suitcase but I go from knowing where everything is to having a messy jumble so I'm hoping that will never happen again.

DD is already starting her travels: in just under a week we will join them. It feels the big day is nearly upon us!

Spends:
    Book 50p
    Travel cubes (household) £14.98
    MS stuff:
    Book was a bargain
    Confession time:
    Realised I left one of our larger cases at Mum's house so I'm going to have to be extra careful and get all my packing in a smaller case!

• charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not long now until you fly out. Hopefully you will have a lot better weather than we have had here. Hope you manage to fit everything into the case ok, i'd never heard of travel cubes before. On the plus side, less room to spend money on things to bring back.
    If I don't get on before, have a fantastic time.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback