Orange email closing (fsmail)

Options
Hi fellow compers

I don't know if anyone else is using orange email, I have always used an fsmail account for all my comping and have been told they are closing these accounts at the end of May so having to switch absolutely every login, newsletter etc etc!

I just thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else is effected that needs some warning to sort their email account out! 3 months is enough time...but it is pretty time consuming! eeek!

The addresses affected by the closure are:

Orange.net
Orangehome.co.uk
Wanadoo.co.uk
Freeserve.co.uk
Fsbusiness.co.uk
Fslife.co.uk
Fsmail.net
Fsworld.co.uk
Fsnet.co.uk

This is the link with info
http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/email/email-closure

Hope this is of some help!
Many thanks to everyone who posts competitions and works so hard to provide all the answers!
Best wins this year so far: £100 Hobbycraft Voucher, £50 cash, GoPro Camera

Comments

• grumpyoldwoman
    Options
    I've just received the email from Orange saying they're closing my fsmail account at the end of May. I too use this account for all newsletters etc., and have hundreds of saved emails that I'll have to migrate. I do have an email account with my broadband provider but the spam control is so strong that a lot of newletters or bulk emails just don't get through, so I'm going to have to set up a completely new account. Orange or recommending Gmail so I might give that a try. Looks like we'll have our work cut out for the next few months. :eek:
  • purple45
    purple45 Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes its really time consuming but 3 months is pretty good. I too have loads of saved things that I had to clear out and forward to gmail. Now I'm starting my new comping month with the gmail account and updating everything as I go along...my notebook is filling fast!

I nearly deleted the email from orange about it thinking it might be spam...so I thought it was worth a mention on here in case anyone else misses it!
    Many thanks to everyone who posts competitions and works so hard to provide all the answers!
    Best wins this year so far: £100 Hobbycraft Voucher, £50 cash, GoPro Camera
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport