We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
DUPLICATED HELP! Dry-cleaners have shrunk my LK Bennett coat!
Floss
Posts: 9,430 Forumite
As the title says, my regular dry cleaners have shrunk the silk & linen LK Bennett coat I bought for my son's wedding last September. I was going to take it to a local dress agency to sell on, and thought it would be better freshened up beforehand as it was rather warm on the day. I picked it up today, and the hem is now 1/2" above the hem of the lining 3/4 of the way around, plus the lining is showing on both sleeves.
How do I approach the cleaners? We've never had any problems before, the coat was cleaned before the wedding and has its fabric & care labels in so I'm not sure what has gone wrong...
How do I approach the cleaners? We've never had any problems before, the coat was cleaned before the wedding and has its fabric & care labels in so I'm not sure what has gone wrong...
2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐
2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐
0
Comments
-
I'd pop in and speak to them - they may offer to compensate you, otherwise you can ask for this. They only have to compensate you for the value of the coat when you left it with them, which probably won't be what you paid for it when you bought it, unfortunately.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards