New Post Advanced Search

Defaults

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
3 replies 1.2K views
EmmaH_2EmmaH_2 Forumite
21 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
I recently checked my credit file and discovered I have 2 Defaults from catalogue shopping. Do I have to wait the whole 6 years before they are removed from my file? Can I ask the creditor to remove them?
Titch :)

Replies

• Freddie_SnowbitsFreddie_Snowbits
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are sure that you are not responsible, then they should be removed. You should take a note and ask the CRAs to update their file.

If you were responsible, it is not the end of the world, but make sure you make the most of what other MSEs have to say as well.
  • Robert_Sterling_3Robert_Sterling_3 Forumite
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you now rectified the defaults?
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
  • hopefulfoolukhopefulfooluk Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Emma,

Defaults will remain on your credit file for six years from the date of the default, even if they are subsequently paid off and marked "Satisfied".

So unless you didn't actually default, you won't be able to remove them from your file, and neither will your creditors.

Regards,

Chris
    Getting married to fellow MSE-er Lazymoo on 5/2/11 (brought forward by 8 months!!) :) :grinheart

Unsecured debt: £0 :D (and intending to keep it that way now...)
    Mortgage balance: £153,308 (MFW once our wedding bills are paid!)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support