Inverter issue

Options
Hi,

I had got Solar panels installed on our roof in March 2015. In Jan of '17 I noticed that the solar electricity meter was not reporting any units. I called up the company (say company A) from whom we bought the Panels and installation. They suggested that I go in the loft and see if I could see any error code. I did the same and found that the inverter was totally blank and seemed dead. Company A then asked me to contact the inverter manufacturer to get the issue fixed. I did the same. However the inverter manufacturer insists that company A needs to check the inverter and if it is faulty they will send a new one to company A who has to come again and install the new one. This has been going on for 3 weeks now and none of them is ready to come and fix. What are my options now? The inverter has 12 years warranty as per the order which I signed with the company A.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    It is the responsibility of Company A.

Write to them, if no satisfactory response go to the Small Claims court and hope they are still in business at the time of the court hearing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure