Second job in school holidays

Options
Hi all. I work in a school and would like to earn some extra money by working for some of the school holidays. Has anyone done this by getting a job in a supermarket or by other means? Any ideas welcome. Many thanks.

Comments

• Cake4eva
    Options
    Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're better off looking at seasonal jobs as in places that families visit during the hols. Whilst they try to arrange staff at the start of the year, invariably there are drop outs and spaces to fill. Suggest you pop round to these places with your CV and a list of dates you are available. Thinking about zoos, leisure parks, water parks, rides and attractions, cafes, beach attractions (if near any) etc etc.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Supermarkets these days don't operate with staff available on those timescales in the main, you'd not get a job because they want "flexible staff", which means they want to pick up the phone and call people in, drop them, last minute requirements, fitting in with others being off etc etc.

Best bets are:
    - temping agencies, everything from driving jobs to factory work and office/admin work.
    - working in seasonal jobs where the peak times are school holidays, so tourist attractions, food places in busy places etc. Maybe play/leisure centres. The sort of places that only need staff at their peak holiday periods. If you're near an airport then jobs in the shopping areas maybe at a push.
    - school holiday club type places.

You need to find jobs at the places that families/kids go to and use when they're on breaks.
  • legitclaims
    Options
    I would suggest you to start writing.... this will help you not in holidays but after holidays as well
  • bellaboo86
    Options
    Could you look into tutoring? You would need to do it during term time but 2 clients a week could get you an extra couple of hundred pounds a month.
  • Cake4eva
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas. I agree that seasonal places are the way forward. I will start writing!
  • Bigmoney2
    Options
    Also check that your contract allows for second jobs. My previous employer did not allow second jobs without their written agreement.
  • pr1mate
    Options
    Hi did you find any inspirational ideas? I might have an opportunity for you, that would certainly fit in around your existing employment. Good communication skills and a degree of self motivation (as always..) required!

Mark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport