Options
2»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 February 2017 at 9:54AM
    Options
    It depends on whether the pay cut is just a pay cut or the result of a demotion due to the warning.
    Demotion, pay cut is resaonable.
    No demotion, it's not, because then they are saying, we don't like what you did, you get a warning, and a pay cut for no reason whatsoever, so we'll punish you twice.

Personally, I'd be looking for another job asap.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    It does. If a company has policies they have to follow them. They can't say 'we're only going to apply these policies to people who have worked here less than 2 years'
    For all we know it could be an attempt at constructive dismissal, which is a no no however long you've worked somewhere.

Nonsense!

You need two years service to claim constructive dismissal which is, in any case, a very hard claim to win with less than 3% succeeding.

The only possible comeback if the company fails to follow its own procedures (which in any case are rarely contractual) is a claim for wrongful dismissal (i.e. breach of contract). Although there is no minimum length of service to bring such a claim all it would yield is a few days pay for however long it would have thane them to do it properly.
  • Undervalued
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    It depends on whether the pay cut is just a pay cut or the result of a demotion due to the warning.
    Demotion, pay cut is resaonable.
    No demotion, it's not, because then they are saying, we don't like what you did, you get a warning, and a pay cut for no reason whatsoever, so we'll punish you twice.

No it doesn't!

With less than two years service there is absolutely nothing the OP can do about it apart from, just possibly, a claim for breach of contract which would amount to a few hundred pounds at best. Ultimately the employer can dismiss the OP without even giving a reason. That is what will happen if they challenge their decision.

Which part of that is so hard to understand?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nonsense!

Bugg3r...I meant unfair....
    I do apologise.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport