🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Notice of discontinuance

Options
Hello,

Lowell solicitors tried to get a ccj on me over an old contract that I cancelled as most the time I didn't have service. The original default balance (that's on my credit report) is £94 but Lowell are saying the want £745. I told all of this to the courts.

I received a letter from Lowell with a notice of discontinuance attached from the courts. What does this mean? That the ccj isn't being placed? Do I still have to pay the debt and if so how much? I said to the courts I'm willing to pay the default balance of £93 but not £745!

This might also be a stupid question... when your debt is sold on to another company, is it the default amount that is sold? And if so is there a way of getting the ridiculous amount amount down that they try to get you 2 pay?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I can't find anything on the internet regarding this.

AH

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills