Best Energy Drink For Morning Alertness?

Options
2»

Comments

• SandC
    SandC Posts: 3,929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Water. I tend to have a small cup of black coffee with coconut oil in before I train early. Not sure that really does anything but hey... :-)
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I do ten to twenty minutes of gentle yoga while still in bed (at least on days OH is up before me) followed by opening the window, sticking my head out (whatever the weather) and getting ten good deep breaths of fresh air in my lungs. Then down stairs to a glass of water and a cup of coffee as a minimum, I have to force myself to eat something as I'm really not a breakfast person but know I'll feel better later if I at least have something even if it's just a banana or piece of toast.

I used to be really bad at getting up and would hit snooze at least four times every morning and actually fall back asleep between each one. Since the day I started this morning routine almost a year ago I haven't hit snooze once. I wake up, follow my routine and get on with my day feeling great.

If I can't do in bed yoga I just do stretches instead, just to wake my muscles and get rid of any aches and pains from the night, basically just try to give every muscle group a little wake up first thing.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    abbiejohn wrote: »
    One juice of apple is best for in morning

Refreshes the mouth after eating all that spam
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    Splash your face with cold water.

Instant, free, and isn't going to wreck you in the long term.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • another_casualty
    Options
    In my fitter years , I used to take a berocca first thing as soon as I got out of bed . I used to get up at 5am everyday .
    We all have opinions, I know and I imagine most people would be very anti berocca . It worked for me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure