I don't want to fallout

edited 9 February 2017 at 10:40PM in N. Ireland
14 replies 4.6K views
qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
3.5K Posts
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 9 February 2017 at 10:40PM in N. Ireland
I see there was an explosion at a French nuclear power station today.

I haven't been to Derry in a couple of years. Could anyone tell me if it's still a nuclear free zone, just in case we need to make a run to somewhere safe some day?
“What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare

Replies

• CEON44CEON44 Forumite
    444 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    When the time comes it wont matter where you run. Better to kick back and crack a beer. Then kiss your !!!! goodbye:)
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • RikMRikM Forumite
    763 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if you declare your house a nuclear free zone, it will be just as good at repelling the fallout as Derry is...
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear not, if you have been eating any local fish you have been eating nuclear waste for year. A little fallout with bounce off.:cool:
  • edited 10 February 2017 at 1:07PM
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 February 2017 at 1:07PM
    That power plant can be seen from jersey. A quick google shows the French have a series of nuclear power plants on the channel coast, facing les Anglais. Could be a plot.
  • qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=CEON44;72076538Better_to_kick_back_and_crack_a_beer._Then_kiss_your_!!!!_goodbye:)[/QUOTE]

I take it !!!! is the London derrière?
  • RikMRikM Forumite
    763 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I take it !!!! is the London derrière?

You hear that tapping at your door?
    That's the lynch mob...
  • edited 10 February 2017 at 4:31PM
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 February 2017 at 4:31PM
    I thought it was Danny boy. Was his surname Lynch?

It's interesting that we hear so much about sellafield/windscale/Calder hall ( if you ever have a scandal, just change your name), yet almost the first major structure you see when you get off the boat at Holyhead is wylfa nuclear power station, used for producing electricity to make alwminiwm, apparently. The nearest major city is Dublin.
  • steveympsteveymp Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we have always been a nuclear free zone up here in Derry/ Londonderry/ John Terry/ Stroke City etc.....

We have a written agreement with fallout too that it is not allowed past the Glenshane Pass ;) and since the world ends at the Sandyknowes roundabout the fallout rarely gets that far anyway:rotfl:

We prefer our air and water pollution from good home grown companies illegally dumping in landfill sites next to the water course and air pollution from all out lovely abattoirs burning carcasses :o

However we are not averse to good old multinationals here allowing Du Pont to pump God knows what into the atmosphere 24/7 :beer:
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    steveymp wrote: »
    Yeah we have always been a nuclear free zone up here in Derry/ Londonderry/ John Terry/ Stroke City etc.....

We have a written agreement with fallout too that it is not allowed past the Glenshane Pass ;) and since the world ends at the Sandyknowes roundabout the fallout rarely gets that far anyway:rotfl:

We prefer our air and water pollution from good home grown companies illegally dumping in landfill sites next to the water course and air pollution from all out lovely abattoirs burning carcasses :o

However we are not averse to good old multinationals here allowing Du Pont to pump God knows what into the atmosphere 24/7 :beer:

Thank you. I'll prepare a bolt hole somewhere around loughermore mountain so I can "Park" the family in safety next time there's a major nuclear incident. We can make a "dog leap" towards the cleaner Derry air.
  • steveympsteveymp Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I'll prepare a bolt hole somewhere around loughermore mountain so I can "Park" the family in safety next time there's a major nuclear incident. We can make a "dog leap" towards the cleaner Derry air.

:rotfl: Very good

We may be nuclear free zone however we are on the 106 list :( That be the 106 targets in the UK that Russia have a warhead aimed at :(

I'm sure the years old piece of paper that the council drew up will be more than adequate to protect us from a megaton warhead :beer:
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals