Mortgage with fixed rate with overpayment

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
2 replies 616 views
GreatMoneySavingGreatMoneySaving Forumite
1 Post
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
I have been doing overpayment every month in addition to my monthly mortgage payment. The deal comes to an end at the end of the year. Will I be able to get a new mortgage and still make the overpayment or will they offer me something else since they can see I can pay the mortgage and an overpayment.

Replies

• Theyw ill normally send you a letter to tell you your current mortgage is coming to an end, its then up to you to decide if you want to apply for a new one or stay on the SVR.

If you decide to apply for a new deal they will look at your LTV and current situation and offer you a deal based on 2,3 5 years. They shouldnt make you complete a whole new mortgage application. obviously if you advise them of a change in your circumstances, they will re evaluate from there.
  • AnotherJoeAnotherJoe Forumite
    19.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been doing overpayment every month in addition to my monthly mortgage payment. The deal comes to an end at the end of the year. Will I be able to get a new mortgage and still make the overpayment or will they offer me something else since they can see I can pay the mortgage and an overpayment.

What do you mean by that? "something else" ? Do you mean a better deal than otherwise? Or a worse deal?? Or something else?

They will have a range of retention deals they offer to existing customers. They will offer you those. Your overpayments are immaterial to what they offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals