PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Replacement of old 'bags for life'

Just popped into Tesco with an old bag for life with broken handles - I think I've had it so long that it's started to biodegrade. :eek:

The assistant (on the self service tills) wanted to check if it was a Tesco bag (it was) as she said they only replaced their own bags.

I have a vague recollection that Tesco used to replace any bag for life regardless of which shop it originally came from. After all, it's free advertising.

The assistant said Tesco had never had that policy.

No big deal as I got my replacement bag but I'd just like to know that I'm not losing the plot. :D
Although I wouldn't be surprised to learn that I am.

Comments

• Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hmmm, that rings a distant , faint bell with me.
    I think they did replace any bag for life.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have some Wilkinsons Bags for life which I bought in 1995. Some of them are now beginning to fail and could do with replacing - does anyone know if they have a replacement scheme?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I have some Wilkinsons Bags for life which I bought in 1995. Some of them are now beginning to fail and could do with replacing - does anyone know if they have a replacement scheme?
    After 22 years I'm amazed they haven't disintegrated to nothing! I'd say you are quids in :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • I don't think they had that policy,

But I do remember that they would exchange any other shops bags for points,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family