Traditional Barber? Tayside area

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
1 reply 598 views
ikkleosuikkleosu Forumite
546 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
My OH is looking for a tradtional barber that will do the whole treatment style sgave - with hot towels and cut throat razor etc. Does anyone know of any barbers in teh tayside area that offer this service?

Replies

• ailuro2ailuro2 Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Gentlemen's room, I think that's it's name- it is in City Quay, Dundee- off the main road going past the river that leads to Broughty Ferry - my DH refused to go there to be shown how to shave properly without cutting himself, I think he thought it make him look like 'a big jessie' :rolleyes: but I went and spoke to them,they gave me free samples of shaving cream and balm to try- and we ended up buying their soap free shaving cream, it's the only thing he's ever used where he doesn't get shaving cuts and rashes. He's much more kissable now.

fwiw if the shave is for a special event
    I'd try them out first- my brother in law got it done at a tradiitonal barber's in Edinburgh for his wedding day and ended up with a pretty bad allergic reaction to it.:eek:
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals