A little advise needed

Options
Discharged around 6+ years ago, obviously froze my account etc....got a new basic account with natwest 6+years ago and have had it since, no overdraft...never had a problem and they even gave me a small loan a few months ago for car purchase (paid off already)

Popped in for a mortgage application on Tuesday, i had already go my DIP online, once there they asked if i ever had a problem with my account as the system is asking for some silly demands in terms of deposit 15% plus

Im on the electoral role, but experian has not updated yet (due to go on 1/2/17) (possible problem)

she even tried fooling the system and creating a new NIC number, that diden't work either :mad:

the advisor is very confused, even spoke to the branch manager who said the BR shoulden't be a problem as its something the underwriters would normally address

what do you guys reckon it could be?

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 January 2017 at 5:22PM
    Options
    Hi

It’s difficult to say but I think the electoral role issue could be having a significant effect if they think you're not registered.

James
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • maximus2015
    Options
    I've read as much, i do have supporting documents from my council saying i am on the roll and that my details will be updated.

Very confusing situation, i cant see not being on the roll demand a higher deposit as im still able to prove who i am
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,972 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Maybe give the CRA's time to update and try again in a few months time ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ultimately it’s at the lender’s discretion but this MSE guide says that not being on the electoral roll is a deal breaker. It does suggest that you could add a notice of correction to your credit file to clarify that you have alternative documentation to prove identity.

www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortgages/boost-mortgage-chances

It might be simpler to wait for the credit reference files to update though as sourcrates suggests.

James
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • maximus2015
    Options
    thanks guys, ill sit tight and wait untill the 1st, i know the underwriting is done using software, so possibly it will automatically decline just on electoral role alone
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you don't a credit file clean up? If not then you could wait a long time. Read the sticky at the top of this board and do a thorough clean up.
  • maximus2015
    Options
    Yeah my file is as clean as a whistle, i was discharged in 2009 so there is nothing showing now.

Is there a list of building societies and banks that accepts ex bankrupts? I know a few larger lenders do like natwest as long as you have been discharged for 6+ years (hence why i tried them)

Feeling like im going to loose this house and its been nearly 3 weeks since i put the offer in and had it accepted :(
  • alltaken
    alltaken Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah my file is as clean as a whistle, i was discharged in 2009 so there is nothing showing now.

Is there a list of building societies and banks that accepts ex bankrupts? I know a few larger lenders do like natwest as long as you have been discharged for 6+ years (hence why i tried them)

Feeling like im going to loose this house and its been nearly 3 weeks since i put the offer in and had it accepted :(

I'm sorry if I'm being finicky. Have you actually seen your credit files with all 3 agencies, or assumed that everything is now fine since it's been 6 years? This is important distinction.

Nationwide and YBS will lend at 36 months post discharge.
  • maximus2015
    Options
    Nationwide give me a straight decline (and i bank with them) saying id failed credit check
    Sorry yes ive checked my reports.

equifax (score is 499) with no missed payments
    Experian is 759 again no missed payments
    checkmyfile which displays callcredit, again score with them is 750 odd and no missed payments

I have just realised that i have a linked address on equifax? Would not declaring that cause problems?
  • alltaken
    alltaken Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    Ignore the scores, they're largely meaningless. Linked address, is it a valid address? From living at the address or holding a joint account?

Did you contact any creditors at the time of cleanup to get the settlement dates resolved? Sorry to keep asking but I'm trying to find out if you're looking at only scores or actual account data on your report?

Do all accounts show as satisfied in some way no later than the insolvency discharge?

Have you tried Yorkshire bank?

If I were a betting man and you have no errors on the report, then my money would be on the electoral roll data.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure