Amazon Subscribe and Save Hack — save an additional 8-9%

Options
I haven't seen this hack mentioned elsewhere on MSE, so thought I would add it.

Most of you will know that Amazon's Subscribe and Save offers a 5% discount on thousands of items without commitment. That increases to 15% if you buy five products each month.

If you usually buy two or three products a month, it's worth adding cheap subscribe and save items to your subscription to get the extra discount.

For example, if each month you normally purchased 16 Dolce Gusto Capsules (£10.65), 8 Gillette Mach3 Razor Blades (£11.94) and Harringtons Optimum Rabbit 10 Kg (£13.99), you'd get a discount of 5%, which is £1.83.

However, if you add two other items to your order, your discount will rise to 15%. The good news is that the cheapest subscribe and save item is only 37p with your 15% discount. I'm a new user, so I can't post links, so you'll need to search Amazon for "St John Ambulance 10 cm Gauze Swabs - Pack of 5". Adding enough of these to a Subscribe and Save order will almost certainly save you more than they cost. In this example, adding two will save you £3.66, a net additional saving of £2.92. In other words, even after you've paid for the swabs, instead of saving 5% and paying £34.74, you're now saving 13% and paying £31.82.

Mathematically, assuming the prices don't change, it's worth adding the gauze swabs in these circumstances:
• Add four if you’re getting one item normally costing more than £14.80.
• Add three if you’re getting two items normally costing more than £11.10.
• Add two if you’re getting three items normally costing more than £7.40.
• Add one if you’re getting four items normally costing more than £3.70.

If you need to add more than one product to get the discount, make sure you do so in separate transactions. Don't simply increase the quantity in the dropdown box, because that won't work.

I hope you enjoy this tip :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport