Capital Value Non-Exempt- and current house price

really?
really? Posts: 29 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
edited 12 January 2017 at 3:01PM in N. Ireland
I'd say most on here are familiar with the LPS(Land & Property Services) portal. I've recently discovered it and am using it currently to gauge the value of a house I'm considering buying.

The house I'm thinking of going for is 101m2 - With a capital non exempt value of £100,000 - Builder Asking price £130,000.

I'm led to believe that the capital value non-exempt is reflective of a retrospective estimate of a given properties price in 2005.

So basically this new build house is 30% more than it would have been in 2005.

Which sounds a bit off to me.

So I compared a larger house on the same development 123m2- CNE Value - £125,000.00 - current builder asking price £145,000.00.

This equates to 16% increase to date, which is a little bit closer to what I thought house price inflation would be.

Does anyone know why this would be?
Is a ploy by the builder to push more people towards buying a bigger property or have small house prices in fact increased by 30% in the last 12 years?

Comments

• really?
    really? Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    My fears are allayed slightly, I priced some other older houses in similar (well thought of) locations within the town and they area £110 000 (102m2) -£115 000 (98m2) Capital Value Non-exempt. These two houses were actually around in 2005 so I’m assuming that these values should be reasonably accurate in comparison to the development mentioned above which has only been built within the last 3 years.
  • This was a quite useful piece of research and I'm surprised nobody replied. Hope you bought your house and are settled now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure