MSE News: Free tool to stop impulse buys online launched

Shoppers who struggle to resist online sales and then later regret making purchases can download a free tool to help...
Read the full story:
'Free tool to stop impulse buys online launched'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• bettyboo71
    bettyboo71 Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    This sounds like a good idea. I hope that anyone who has this problem will download it and give it a try.

Unless I am specifically shopping for something that I need, if I see a good deal, I often add it to my basket or wishlist, then go off and do something else for a few hours. If I come back later and still think it is worth it, I'll buy it. So I like the idea that this app offers diversionary activities too.

I hope the trial is successful.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Bumping this back to the top. Seems like a useful tool - there's few of us that can say we've not been tempted at some stage!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • This sounds like a great idea, I tried to download it on my mobile as that is where I do most/all of my online shopping but it the tool is not supported on mobile devices yet which seems a great shame.
    When I set it up on my desktop the tool seemed really glitch and wouldn't let me get any further than selecting the shops I wanted to block, as the button to confirm the choices wouldn't work.
    I'm hoping that this is just because the tool is new because I think this would be really useful tool.
    lets hope they figure it out and get it available for mobiles soon!
  • This sounds like a great idea but I do all my online shopping via my mobile and tablet so unfortunately won't be able to use this. I would definitely use this if it was available as an app for mobile devices.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,825 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    What does it do, give you an electric shock and tell you not to be so stupid in future ?

I think thats just what a lot of us need to hear and experience on occasions, when we do these silly things !!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure