We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Swagbucking into 2017

Options

Comments

• silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,122 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Enter Ukelele in the Swag Code box until 7PM BST to earn 6SB.
  • Marky-Boy
    Marky-Boy Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For the team challenge all video playlists are worth 15 points so the sets of 6 videos are the easiest points.
  • wishfire
    wishfire Posts: 308 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I've had a couple of GTM surveys not credit, I tried to put in a ticket but I only see 4 options to contact support, the "I am missing credit" seems to have been removed?
    Have I missed another change?

TIA :)
  • Super_Trouper
    Super_Trouper Posts: 928 Forumite
    edited 16 August 2017 at 8:00PM
    Options
    Is that it for the codes today or is there one more? I've lost count!

edit - just looked on the FB page, looks like that was 6 of 6, so all done :)
  • juliesg
    juliesg Posts: 1,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    instant survey for 43sb
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @juliessg

How's that Vodaphone going? Hope I haven't steered you wrong?
  • MrMaloney
    MrMaloney Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I'm fairly new to Swagbuck, but I'm thinking it's a lot of effort for minimal return. The surveys seem to average around 70-75SBs for 20 mins, which equated to around 210-220 SBs per hour, which equates to around £1.30 - £1.40 per hour. If factor in the time wasted on screened out and it looks more like less than £1/hour. The other activities seem to reward at a fraction of this. I wasn't expecting to get rich quick, but should pay better than that. I'm probably a bit spoilt, having used Prolific which works out at much better payment rates, they have slowed up a bit while the researchers are on holidays, so I thought I'd look at other sites.

Plus one of the there discover deals was for a thing called CinemaDen, which has a free period to watch movies. To sign up you have to enter card details and then it wouldn't load. When I tried to cancel the free trial, it wouldn't let me. I did then google cinemaDan and it has lots of reports that it's a scam and they just take recurring payments from cards with zero content in terms of films. So I cancelled my card to be on the safe side, lesson learnt. I'm a bit worried if they are referring to scam sites.

Am I missing something?

If this is the wrong place for this sort of post please let me know.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MrMaloney wrote: »
    I'm fairly new to Swagbuck, but I'm thinking it's a lot of effort for minimal return. The surveys seem to average around 70-75SBs for 20 mins, which equated to around 210-220 SBs per hour, which equates to around £1.30 - £1.40 per hour. If factor in the time wasted on screened out and it looks more like less than £1/hour. The other activities seem to reward at a fraction of this. I wasn't expecting to get rich quick, but should pay better than that. I'm probably a bit spoilt, having used Prolific which works out at much better payment rates, they have slowed up a bit while the researchers are on holidays, so I thought I'd look at other sites.

Plus one of the there discover deals was for a thing called CinemaDen, which has a free period to watch movies. To sign up you have to enter card details and then it wouldn't load. When I tried to cancel the free trial, it wouldn't let me. I did then google cinemaDan and it has lots of reports that it's a scam and they just take recurring payments from cards with zero content in terms of films. So I cancelled my card to be on the safe side, lesson learnt. I'm a bit worried if they are referring to scam sites.

Am I missing something?

Sounds right to me.
  • juliesg
    juliesg Posts: 1,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thisone wrote: »
    @juliessg

How's that Vodaphone going? Hope I haven't steered you wrong?

It only came this afternoon so i only ran one app as i had done the others but it seem to run fine
  • ted24
    ted24 Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MrMaloney wrote: »

Am I missing something?

Nope, you can get most of the stuff from Swagbucks on other sites for better return.
    I do use it for the daily poll, SBTV, instant surveys and maybe some short surveys.

I prefer to think of Swagbucks as a site I can use lying on the sofa with little to no effort. Any earnings or vouchers need to be seen as a bonus
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport