Options

Comments

• kippygolf
    kippygolf Posts: 1,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    RebekahR wrote: »
    I found a survey in it! Spring trivia quiz under MORE RECENT OFFERS

I posted answers to this a few days ago if anyone wants to search back.
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've left the thing running and not had a single ad. Left for half hour last night and just turned int on 5 mins ago and nothing so far. Nothing else open.
  • BathingApe
    BathingApe Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone use the app-a-day android (15SB). Just wondering if it is worth doing
  • kippygolf
    Options
    BathingApe wrote: »
    Does anyone use the app-a-day android (15SB). Just wondering if it is worth doing

Yes, but it only credited automatically the first time. After that I have to put in a ticket with screen shot, so only do it if I badly need the points.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've left the thing running and not had a single ad. Left for half hour last night and just turned int on 5 mins ago and nothing so far. Nothing else open.

I've not had ads on it for the last 2 or 3 days, they do seem to have droughts sometimes. Nice little earner when it works.
  • kippygolf
    Options

I think we get a bit hung up on trying to complete the To Do List. Yes, it brings an extra few points, but often only a couple.
    So, rather than fret about EngageMeTV, if I get no ad in 5/6 refreshes, I generally just let Watch play by itself. If it does crash you don't lose the ticks for the vids you've watched, and can just refresh/restart that set.
  • Throwaway1
    Throwaway1 Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bellola wrote: »
    Ah ok, so two errors, yes I had a watch video playing as well and I thought an ad came after every video so have been sitting refreshing it waiting for one to appear! Will leave it running for a bit and see what happens. Thanks all!

For me, an ad does appear after every video (except maybe once or twice a week when I will have 2 videos in a row). I normally either skip videos until I get an ad (can take 5 or 6 the first time) or refresh until I get one. Some days it can take about a minute of doing this before the first ad appears but then I get one for one every time. I guess you could just let it play in the hope that one will appear but I like to see the first one to know it's working.
    MFW - OP 10% each year to clear mortgage in 10 years!
    2019: £16,125/£16,125
    2020: £14,172.64/£14,172.64
    2021: £12,333.62/£12,333.62
    2022: £10,626.55/£10,626.55
    2023: switched tactics to saving in a higher interest rate account than mortgage interest rate
    2024: mortgage neutral!
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

It must be random, I had hardly any (it was like pulling teeth) all weekend, but now I'm getting an ad after each video
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happygreen wrote: »
    It must be random, I had hardly any (it was like pulling teeth) all weekend, but now I'm getting an ad after each video

Tried again, just got my first ad.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    kippygolf wrote: »
    I think we get a bit hung up on trying to complete the To Do List. Yes, it brings an extra few points, but often only a couple.
    So, rather than fret about EngageMeTV, if I get no ad in 5/6 refreshes, I generally just let Watch play by itself. If it does crash you don't lose the ticks for the vids you've watched, and can just refresh/restart that set.

The only thing I initially aim for is the first daily goal, as the To Do List bonus does not count towards it I don't spend ages trying to complete it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure