Swagbucking into 2017

Options

Comments

• jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone else had tried trouble redeeming Swagbucks points? I managed to get one Amazon gift card the first time, but now when i try to cash out it's impossible. I tried another Amazon card and it says it needs to verify my account but won't accept my mobile number to send a text to.the alternative is to verify by post but I'm highly sceptical that a postcard is going to be sent all the way to my UK address.

I also tried using PayPal but it says it needs to verify my account. It says it's "checking" but never progresses - I left it all day and nothing happened!

My wife has had the same problems. Has anyone else had this problem or know what can be done?

Mobile verification doesn't seem to work in the UK.

Most people here will have done the postcard verification, it takes up to 10 days, but a postcard does arrive.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ceb1995 wrote: »
    Been screened out of three peanut labs surveys tonight and none of them have given me the 1sb for disqualification, just comes up with a link to a different survey instead, normally get it like clockwork

Same - it was at least 5 - given up, need to go to bed
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 March 2017 at 2:24AM
    Options
    Anyone still having ncrave problems might want to see this facebook post asking for volunteers:

https://www.facebook.com/SwagbucksUK/posts/1687609797922627

Hope the link works!

This post may also be of help, Julie wrote:

"Mine didn't work for about 3 months but since I clicked on this page for adobe Flash Player settings, then clicked on the icon for website storage settings (the one that looks like a folder with a downwards green arrow) & deleted all the sites stored it has been working fine. May help someone else.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html "
  • snowy79
    snowy79 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone getting any response from Swagbucks at the moment?

I have 4 orders outstanding and 3 of them say I have to email [EMAIL="compliance@swagbucks.com"]compliance@swagbucks.com[/EMAIL] for approval. I have done this but did not get any reply. I also raised a ticket with them (I got an email telling me to do that as well) and still nothing. I don't know what this means as I have never had it before and am slightly concerned I might be wasting my time earning more SBs if they have a problem with the orders and/or my account. Anyone had anything like this before?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    snowy79 wrote: »
    Is anyone getting any response from Swagbucks at the moment?

I have 4 orders outstanding and 3 of them say I have to email [EMAIL="compliance@swagbucks.com"]compliance@swagbucks.com[/EMAIL] for approval. I have done this but did not get any reply. I also raised a ticket with them (I got an email telling me to do that as well) and still nothing. I don't know what this means as I have never had it before and am slightly concerned I might be wasting my time earning more SBs if they have a problem with the orders and/or my account. Anyone had anything like this before?

I’ve never seen anyone with that problem on this board, but seen quite a few members with the same issue on reddit.

Unfortunately it appears your account was flagged for some reason. I don’t think you’ll know more until you finally get a response. Some people seem to get a slap on the wrist for some reason, others are asked to send photo id.

I pulled up some threads on the sb subreddit if you wish to look through some, not all are relevant but you can get an idea from the title. Good luck, let us know the outcome

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwagBucks/search?q=compliance%40swagbucks.com&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just did an instant about supermarkets. Quite a lengthy survey for an instant. Got to the end and said said can't submit. Any ideas? Should I raise with customer services?
    Anyone else had this?
  • snowy79
    edited 26 February at 3:17PM
    Options
    [quote=[Deleted User];72253963]I’ve never seen anyone with that problem on this board, but seen quite a few members with the same issue on reddit.

Unfortunately it appears your account was flagged for some reason. I don’t think you’ll know more until you finally get a response. Some people seem to get a slap on the wrist for some reason, others are asked to send photo id.

I pulled up some threads on the sb subreddit if you wish to look through some, not all are relevant but you can get an idea from the title. Good luck, let us know the outcome

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwagBucks/search?q=compliance%40swagbucks.com&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all[/QUOTE]

Thank you :) I have had a look through some of these threads, seems something has been flagged for me for some reason. No idea what so I guess I just have to wait and see. :(

Wish they would get on with it though as I don't want to waste time earning SBs if they are just going to close my account! They already owe me £20. If they do that I think I will just give up on Swagbucks... it just doesn't seem worth the hassle recently. I'd be better off spending my time on better paying survey sites.

I'll keep you posted of the outcome.
  • snowy79
    Options
    Just did an instant about supermarkets. Quite a lengthy survey for an instant. Got to the end and said said can't submit. Any ideas? Should I raise with customer services?
    Anyone else had this?

Yep I just had the same one and had the same problem. :( Unfortunately I clicked on the button on the window which said it couldn't submit so couldn't take a screenshot. I won't bother with a ticket.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2017 at 10:30AM
    Options
    snowy79 wrote: »
    Thank you :) I have had a look through some of these threads, seems something has been flagged for me for some reason. No idea what so I guess I just have to wait and see. :(

Wish they would get on with it though as I don't want to waste time earning SBs if they are just going to close my account! They already owe me £20. If they do that I think I will just give up on Swagbucks... it just doesn't seem worth the hassle recently. I'd be better off spending my time on better paying survey sites.

I'll keep you posted of the outcome.

Yep I tend to agree. Sometimes I want to be de-activated so I will get some of my time back, but I'm somewhat addicted and the £ is very useful, but at what cost. The day they demand photo id from me is the day I say buh bye swagbucks.
  • snowy79
    edited 26 February at 3:17PM
    Options
    [quote=[Deleted User];72254054]Yep I tend to agree. Sometimes I want to be de-activated so I will get some of my time back, but I'm somewhat addicted and the £ is very useful, but at what cost. The day they demand photo id from me is the day I say buh bye swagbucks.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is a bit addictive. I find myself checking it all the time to see if something comes up that I can earn an extra 1SB on. When you actually look at 1SB and how much that is worth, there is no way it is worth the time and effort. But as you say, the £££s do add up and they are always helpful. I dread to think how many hours it has taken to get some decent money! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure