Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    I like it! Sorry, no.
    actually it was summer (for about 6-8 weeks) so no snow on the ground where we were- and didn't see any reindeer either!.
    Money was involved....I used it for spending.....

When you wrote 'use credit card', I thought that was a clue and tried to think outside the box with a physical use. Iceland is somewhere I'd love to go, but I don't know much about the country - I always imagine it to be covered in ice, even in summer.

I'm currently in the process of making Blackberry vodka for Xmas, having picked the blackberries a few weeks ago. I've only made a small trial size bottle as its my first attempt.
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    I'm making some too. Strawberry vodka turned out well a few months back so thought I'd try. Made it last year. Keep some of the blackberries when it's done. They're strong! You can eat them or freeze them to use as ice cubes in the vodka when you drink it. Gives it a bit more kick.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • chanie
    Options
    I'm making some too. Strawberry vodka turned out well a few months back so thought I'd try. Made it last year. Keep some of the blackberries when it's done. They're strong! You can eat them or freeze them to use as ice cubes in the vodka when you drink it. Gives it a bit more kick.

Pleased your strawberry vodka turned out well. I just had a sneaky taste and its rather nice.
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I appreciate I am late to the party but I would love to join in.

I am a huge christmas preper and have enjoyed reading posts of like minded folk :j I love Christmas and I like to know its paid for so I can enjoy it.

Today I picked up a load of cheap stocking fillers in tescos clearance, crayons and bath toys etc. :money:
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Curses- just wrote a long reply but internet must have gone down so lost it.

The names of Iceland & Greenland should be swapped because Iceland is green in summer and Greenland is mainly snow all year - except the coastal fringe. My cousin reckons that Iceland is as close as you can get to a 'David Attenborough' experience. Stunning waterfalls, geysers, bubbling mud pools and glaciers.

Just checked- my CC has £1.4? on it ....... I don't think you are going to guess

Strawberry vodka sounds good.
    A couple of years ago I had lots of whisky in the cupboard and loathe to buy more spirit so I made blackberry whisky- and very good it was too. The whisky flavour disappeared, replaced by blackberry. The berries themselves were good too. A friend said they made excellent b & apple pies (with an added kick!)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • chanie
    Options
    I just googled 'things to do in Iceland for £1.40......

Did you eat sour rams testicles? (Apparently it's a delicacy)
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Back to business ad they say.... unfortunately no love interest.... miss hoodie got told she had a gorgeous mum... out of earshot she asked thought it was very funny!

Managed to get s coup,e of knick backs and some famous Devon cider for Xmas stockings...tickled miss hoodie when she saw the name
    ( minus the spaces....) cripple c.o. C. K ,

Even brought 2018 diaries, just getting back to school started, where has the time gone, yr 10... it feels like yesterday she was starting g nursery xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ah well, here goes: credit card paid for trip to the loo :eek:- yes at that price!! No wonder they were very posh- makes the phrase 'spending a penny' very cheap and down market!
    There was a machine that accepted credit card and then it printed a ticket to be scanned to open the turnstile.....

Intending to find some free loos in Ireland
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    ah well, here goes: credit card paid for trip to the loo :eek:- yes at that price!! No wonder they were very posh- makes the phrase 'spending a penny' very cheap and down market!
    There was a machine that accepted credit card and then it printed a ticket to be scanned to open the turnstile.....

Intending to find some free loos in Ireland

Omg.....".........
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Katiehound-my guess was going to be for a serviette, I was way out with that!!

I'm at a stand still now with my Christmas shopping, just need a couple of things nearer the time which I've saved some supermarket vouchers for but otherwise I have finished. Not wrapped everything as stuff is still packed up from the decorators being in and I have to be in the mood for decorating and for wrapping!!

Still have my Christmas vouchers to come, DD is off to uni so If she wants a tablet I will use some of my vouchers for her and I get to have her ipad which is abit big and clunky now. If not, will save some vouchers for the sales.

Really looking forward to Prague, the accessible travel agent has managed to get us back into the same hotel again which is so close to the Christmas markets and works out cheaper than staying in a premier inn in this country. Lots of gingerbread and baubles to bring back for people.My bestie and her DD are coming with us this time so will have a great time,can't wait!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family