Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Just a quickie from me.

I've ordered one of these handbag hooks as an Xmas present for my mum, as she loves handbags. You use it to hang your handbag on a table. There's some weird magic (aka physics) which means it does actually work even if your bag is heavy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Wallets-Bag-Accessories/Apple-Pattern-Folding-Handbag-Hanger-Holder-Silver/B00KVWBS6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486417775&sr=8-1&keywords=Handbag+hook

I thought it would make a nice cheap gift if anyone is interested.

The handbag hook arrived today and I'm really impressed with it. It arrived sooner than expected even thought it came from Chins.

I remember about 2 Christmases go, I ordered quite a few items from China which I sent to work. My colleagues were rather amused with all my random purchases.
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    If you like ordering things from China. Which I do a lot. They're so much cheaper if you don't mind the wait, try Ali express. They're basically Amazon China. It's a huge site and works in exactly the same way. You can get anything. I've had stationary, wool, beads, jewellery findings and lots of hair accessories. In fact I have a big batch of items on order at the moment. Items say how much shipping is..but to be honest I tend to go with the ones who offer free shipping. I've just restocked my sock drawer with a a mountain cute pairs of cat socks that were 30p each :)
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    apologies the late entry, computer been playing silly mares on me....[/

santas challenge
    [/

stamps
    as well as march bringing us the spring weather, it also brings the rise in postal costs, from a quick flick throu newspaper article, standard 1st and 2nd are going up 1p, large letters 2p, apologies have no idea on parcels. Don't forget if you have stamps that say 1st / 2nd they are still tender as new prices...

[/christmas / birthday lists[/
    Hopefully we all have made an indent into the list, whether your keeping a spreadsheet / notebook etc, one thing to remember to add... where do I store it....

Surveys
    I know there seems to be a 1001 survey sites out there, sure we all have our favourite sites, but add a new one in, see how you go with it, another branch off is the sites such as receipt hog / shoprize - where you earn points from scanning your receipts, or checkout smart, where if you buy certain products / certain locations - you get a refund / part towards it.... maybe dip a toe in the water.

Miss hoodies corner
    Although spring brings us the full spring clean, we are gentle in miss hoodies corner.... won't work you too hard.

Kitchen...
    If I had a magic wand. The kitchen would be revamped to within an inch of its life... but like the lottery numbers and my rich man, it's a long wait....
    On the MSE's route... aim for a refresh, give the cupboards a clean, line with some wallpaper, aim for a declutter, if it hasn't been used in last 12 mths ... will it be used again...

Random act of kindness
    Whether it's a trip to the charity shop, smiling at a stranger, waving an extra car out of a junction, that one small act may be like a lottery win to the receiptant.

Me, me, me corner
    Pamper, relaxation, feet up with a book, bath without being undistrubed.... the me, me, me corner is taking time out with spending as little as possible....

As always use it as a pick and mix...

Xxxx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, I did my random act of kindness on Friday- Civic kindness!
    Saw someone had fly tipped 2 large bin bags + other stuff on a footpath very nearby leaning against a neighbour's fence- that has never happened before.
    Phoned council on Thursday.
    Then Friday morning noticed there were wooden table legs involved. Took those for a friend who has a wood burning stove.
    Prodded one bag and realised it was textiles. Came home for another bin bag 'cos it had split! Another local gave me a hand and I brought home 1 +1/2 bags full which I sorted and washed.
    Result?
    2 x fluffy dressing gowns to make into dog coats for charity - not good enough to sell
    Large carrier bag of cheap clothes for down market charity shop- for Macmillan. They sell things @ £1 or £2
    Large bin bag of rag weight clothes & bags for local hospice shop for which they get paid.
    and hardly anything for the council to collect so saving 'our' money!

My whole house needs a magic wand..........any offers??

Yes, saw that postage is going up... again. Still using stamps from about 3 years ago.
    Last week needed to send something urgently- had first class stamp and paid 'recorded'as well- extra £1.10. It was only going about 60 miles. Didn't get there next day! Rip off.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    Options
    Yep could do with a magic wand aswell:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    A bag of stuff and a donation of cat food in memory of my cat dropped off to the charity shop today.
    Katiehound what a brilliant random act of kindness, which resulted in further acts.

I've donated a couple of unwanted gifts(could have kept and regifted) for a charity auction

Well March is the big birthday month for me-6 birthdays in all including a 70th:eek:.

Apart from getting the last gift for the 70th(have a voucher for amaz@n towards this),all presents bought with savings made a long the way.
    Need to send the presents but have saved my RM survey stamps for things like this.

Not really doing well on the rest of feb's challenge......kitchen could do with a declutter.
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    Options
    Have not been in the mood to wrap the birthday presents and get them parcelled up ready........I thought tonight I am determined to do it:A (I'm like this every march:oI hate wrapping:( have to wrap my Christmas presents as I go along otherwise I would have a meltdown in December:eek:) and guess what......no sellotape:eek:.......my daughter has snaffled the last to wrap her Christmas presents along the way:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    And I can't find one of the blooming birthday presents, going to have to get my other storage suitcases out:(
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Got two pressies today Baby doll and car transporter reduced to £2.50 each both down from 12.50, £20 saved. Usually spend around 15 to 20 on these two nieces so really really pleased with this.
    Slimming World at target
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    Got two pressies today Baby doll and car transporter reduced to £2.50 each both down from 12.50, £20 saved. Usually spend around 15 to 20 on these two nieces so really really pleased with this.

That's a gd bargain xxx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Easter eggs...

Tesco have there offer, buy 2 med eggs get 2 free... £3.00 for the 4 eggs...

Xx
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've just ordered mine from Mr T...hate having them lying around for ages BUT love the savings :) especially as I need 12 plus my own kids
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure