As crazy as this sounds, whats best way to have a quick wash then shower elsewhere

Shower at new property is broken, is a bath but its very difficult to get out of as its small, I can only do it if I turn myself at a awkward angle which is easy to slip.

I have keys to old property until Tuesday/Wednesday and theres plenty of electric left on meter (and I have to go back anyway to clean it) and its 10 minutes walk away.

However I get really smelly and sweaty in bed so if I put on fresh clothes they will stink by time I get there, I was thinking of just splashing on water but still will be stinky and a little sweaty.

Any other idea?

Replies

• not sure if genuine.

Baby wipes is the answer.
    :www: Saving for first house - £67,000/£50K :www: :cool: smashed it!
    :starmod: Save 12k in 2016 - No#129 - £0/£6000 :starmod: too greedy with house pot...
  • cornishchickcornishchick Forumite
    744 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Can you stand in the bath? Do you own a large bowl,plastic tub you can fill with water . In desperate times I have filled the bowl with hot water, soaped up and scrubbed then slosh off with the water from the bowl, using either a jug or sponge..

I stand up wash by the sink is your next option. Fill sink and wash with soap and a flannel. Starting at your head, and leaving your arm pits and a mid bits for last. Then rinse your flannel and with a fresh sink of water , rinse off. Put a towel down to stand on as you will drip water.
    Hope that helps, and contact your landlord to fix the shower .
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
  • missbiggles1missbiggles1
    17.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just have a bath rather than a shower? Otherwise, have a strip wash.
  • Can you stand in the bath? Do you own a large bowl,plastic tub you can fill with water . In desperate times I have filled the bowl with hot water, soaped up and scrubbed then slosh off with the water from the bowl, using either a jug or sponge..

I stand up wash by the sink is your next option. Fill sink and wash with soap and a flannel. Starting at your head, and leaving your arm pits and a mid bits for last. Then rinse your flannel and with a fresh sink of water , rinse off. Put a towel down to stand on as you will drip water.
    Hope that helps, and contact your landlord to fix the shower .

I can as thats where the shower is, I suppose I could boil kettle and then seperate it into 2 containers and put some cold water in to cool it enough so it doesnt burn and pour that over the worst areas.

The worst bits for me are of course armpits, rest of body isn't that bad.
    not sure if genuine.

Baby wipes is the answer.

Of course its genuine, I am a anxious person so get extra sweaty, and just wiping down at best gets rid of the smell but minutes later I am sweaty again unless I have a bath, or even better a shower which stops me sweating.

I tend to notice wipes dont stop the sweating.
  • LrimasLrimas Forumite
    196 Posts
    Why not take clean clothes with you instead? You will then have a 10 minutes sweaty walk followed by a shower and clean clothes.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you get the shower fixed soon, OP. Its bad enough figuring out these teething problems in a new property, but worse when BHs get in the way of getting them fixed.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lrimas wrote: »
    Why not take clean clothes with you instead? You will then have a 10 minutes sweaty walk followed by a shower and clean clothes.

When I get there either I am going to clean up the flat and then take odds and ends back to new place (so a few bags) so clothes would take up space, or go to town and do some things then back to new place then old place and get the left over things.

So id rather just have nothing when I go there apart from a razor, towel and shaving foam that I can leave till Tuesday.
  • TiddlywinksTiddlywinks Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    How hard would it be to carry a t-shirt and pants? Really?

I think you are making this way too complicated.

What do you think people used to do in the good old days of no hot running water? Or when people go camping in the wilds or people in countries where there is limited water?

Just do a strip wash in the shower cubicle using a bucket of water - you will be clean... job done.
    :hello:
  • monnagranmonnagran Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read your posts and understand how muddled and anxious you get. Just relax, nothing is so important that you need to fret over it.

I remember that in the drought of 1976 when water was rationed or had to be collected from a standpipe, there was a demonstration on TV of how to have an all over wash using as little water as possible.

Ready?

You need a washing up bowl or something big enough to stand in.
    A container of water. A bucket would be perfect if you have one.
    A bar of soap, a flannel and a sponge.

1) Stand in the bowl.
    2) Wet the sponge with water and wet yourself all over.
    3) Rub the wet flannel with soap and soap yourself all over.
    4) Using the sponge and the clean water rinse yourself.
    5) Towel yourself dry.

Bingo! 10 minutes and you are good to go.

This was a useful ploy when I was travelling around outlying villages in India.

Good luck. I hope you are enjoying your new home.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • How hard would it be to carry a t-shirt and pants? Really?

I think you are making this way too complicated.

What do you think people used to do in the good old days of no hot running water? Or when people go camping in the wilds or people in countries where there is limited water?

Just do a strip wash in the shower cubicle using a bucket of water - you will be clean... job done.

And jeans, its not a lot but when I will be carrying back things like a STEPLADDER, or 1 or 2 bin bags of toiletries then it could make the difference between a bag being a good weight and not overfilled and awkward to carry and likely to break.

I wish people would think before making assumptions, I better add I don't mean that to sound rude but I wish people would think its not just a case of carrying 2 light things.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides