ESA Doc's certificate

Options

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To clarify I live at home alone.

I do get 2 elements of pip daily living+ incapacity ( lower amount)

What is a esa group?
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    I don't think you can have sick pay and part time earnings. If you are capable of part time work, you are not 'sick'enough for sick pay

I don't think I need sick pay at all as I'm still getting full pay until I hear further from employers.

What I am trying to establish is how can I save my home if I lose my current job.

Health wise MS is worsening which is making me seriously considering living at home and possible part time work without the daily commute + stress and physical i limitations.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    I don't think I need sick pay at all as I'm still getting full pay until I hear further from employers.

What I am trying to establish is how can I save my home if I lose my current job.

Health wise MS is worsening which is making me seriously considering living at home and possible part time work without the daily commute + stress and physical i limitations.

Usually at this stage (without the disciplinary) you'd hand in a sick line to work and get SSP, wether or not your employer pays extra on top of this is irrelevant. You'd get SSP + contractual payments if applicable for 28 weeks. If you're still sick you run out of sick pay and you get a form called SSP1 which you use to claim ESA.

In your case you're not currently off sick, you're in the middle of a disciplinary at work and being paid full pay because of your suspension. If you hand in a sick line now your work might think you're doing so to avoid being sacked but thats their problem. I would definitely get the sick line and do it that way, don't resign.

The groups are what i described as above. Entitled to looks like it's worked out income based benefits for you, if you've been paying NI for two years you'll get contributions based benefits and will have to apply separately for the income based too up.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Can't think you enough GlasweJen.

What iv'e decided to do is 1st speak to MS nurse 1st weekJan next appt.

I'll then decide if I consider the ssp route, would ssp not mean I'll lose the full pay?

Thanks for reminding me of the esa groups

Time will tell how this is to progress, I'll update in due course.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'll then decide if I consider the ssp route, would ssp not mean I'll lose the full pay?

It depends on your contract of employment. Most companies will pay you your full salary or part salary when you are off sick for a certain amount of time (say 4 weeks). The full or part pay you get will include SSP but that is just a technicality which is used to calculate how long you will remain on SSP. After that, you will be on SSP only and then after that on ESA. Some companies don't pay people when they are off sick at all and so you will go straight on to SSP.
  • GlasweJen
    Options
    Check your contract, mine sets out my sick allowance very clearly and all the terms I need to satisfy to get that allowance (keep in contact with department, attend doctors, hand in sick lines on time etc etc).

If your companies sick pay is discretionary or they don't pay it you will need to claim SSP only. When on SSP you can claim council tax support.

You can't start your 39 week clock to claim the mortgage support until you're on income support, income based JSA or income based ESA. Which could be in 28 weeks + time. If you're going to struggle to pay the mortgage you should contact shelter and ask for advice. The advice might be to sell and rent a property with the money you make on the house sale, get a lodger or apply for a payment holiday from your lender.

Long term you need to look at ways to pay the actual mortgage loan off as the SMI will usually only pay the interest though the interest paid is a flat % so for some people it may cover some of the loan, for people with sub prime mortgages it won't even cover all the interest.

Have you considered a career change rather than going off on the sick? You could possibly retrain while on ESA
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Thanks Suzie and Gen

IPad typing hence didn't use full screen names.
    Tomorrow I'll get works contract and review ssp and suspension info as kindly advised.

Hope I don't have to call shelter. No offence though moving to parents was my last resort action.

Having considered selling my flat Ive had 3 valuations in past week.

I'm unlikely to make any money once fees are taken and I need to arrange some basic work at a small cost to make my flat 'presentable'

Not to worry with all the advice via mse'rs iv'e got 1st two-3 steps to follow.

1-read and review work contract-check ssp and suspension info.
    2-Attend MS nurse appt 1st week Jan and mention possibility of requesting ssp from doc or MS doc.
    3-Consider mentioned esa and top up options-Ive benn paying NI 26 yrs approx.

Thanks all enjoy 2017 I'll hopefully post new update 1st or 2nd week Jan unless I hear from work meantime.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But don't, under any circumstances, resign.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Don't resuigb is often advised via various forums

Sometimes easier said than done.

I did resign once approx 5 yrs ago as I knew targets were unlikely to be reached.
  • GlasweJen
    Options
    Don't resuigb is often advised via various forums

Sometimes easier said than done.

I did resign once approx 5 yrs ago as I knew targets were unlikely to be reached.

it doesn't matter, the important thing here is to let the work make the move. You just hand in your sick lines and let them make the decisions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure