Heart Scan

Options
I had a heart scan two weeks ago as I have high blood pressure and the doctor called today to say that I have to go and see her on the 10th Jan.

I'm now worried that it's something serious but my husband keeps telling me if it was serious they would have made an appointment for Wednesday when they are open not two weeks later.

Comments

• Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A very rough guess it will be to explain that you will have to may be go on some blood pressure tablets. Your husband us right, if it was anything more than routine you would be either seen straight away or sitting on a ward.
    Don't panic as nothing to worry about, have a great Xmas :)
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • samcarter2208
    Options
    i keep telling myself that, but it's just got me worried.

But thank you and have a nice Christmas as well.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Probably as above you may need some BP medication otherwise if they thought it was urgent you would have been given an urgent appointment.

Now enjoy your Christmas
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • MockTurtle
    Options
    Definitely trust your husband on this - you would be in sharpish if it were serious. My mum had a heart scan and the hospital was on the phone calling her in for an appointment the next day before they even got back home!

Please don't worry yourself and ruin your Christmas. Put it to the back of your mind and enjoy yourself.

X
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If it were something serious she wouldn't risk making you wait until the 10th Jan, she'd have had you back at the surgery pronto or sent you off the A&E.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Proxima_Centauri
    Options
    It's a bad time of year to have tests done! But I agree with the others, - if it was urgent the appointment would be much sooner.

Enjoy your Christmas and New Year and try not to think about it too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure