Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Options

Comments

• davomcdave
    Options
    Sorry I've been slack on updating my mileage. I'm up to 273 miles YTD.which means I'm a few miles behind. As I've only measured 50 days this year I'm heading for 1992 miles for the year! As we've had several days in the 40C+++ I've not been able to get out as much as I've wanted.

I went out walking a couple of weeks ago in 44C weather to do a necessary chore. I was following my sat nav and couldn't understand why my destination was getting further away because I was definitely on the right street. I put it down to me walking slowly so the sat nav was updating my ETA as a result. Of course it turned out that I was walking the wrong way down the street!
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    As predicted a big week for me with 67.2 miles covered taking me over 350 for the year to date.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2017 so far:

695,077 steps 1294 floors 556.79 km 172,603 calories

so 346 mile so far, ahead of target.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another low mileage week for me. But I knew it was going to be because I cut back the training as I was racing 10 miles today...

So 28.3 this week bringing me up to 230.8mi for the year
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 26 February 2017 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Mine has been a good week with some long walks!
    48 miles, bringing my total to 299.7 miles.... now only 7.9 miles behind my weekly average to hit 2000 miles.

Planning to do the Yorkshire 3 peaks in July so need to get used to the long walks!!

As for footware, I ended up buying some Altberg Malham walking boots and took them up Rivington on Friday for a 9 mile plod. Still undecided on my walking shoes but already decided that the boots are for non-urban walks once broken in.
  • indesisiv
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »
    Planning to do the Yorkshire 3 peaks in July so need to get used to the long walks!!

I've done that a couple of times, its not too bad of a walk to do as the hardest part is the long bit between pen-y-gent and whernside which you get out of the way early.

I'm hoping to find a spare day to get over and run these, but I think it may have to wait till September time for me.
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 26 February 2017 at 7:04PM
    Options
    My first week of going under on my miles - 34.4. I'm not even really sure why. A few days of terrible weather but also I had a busy family day yesterday and didn't get the chance to make up what I lacked. Also really busy at work, I've got a deadline on a major project for the end of next week. So 324 miles now against a target of 308.

Anyone got any lenten resolutions? I think I'll go for the classic of giving up chocolate :)
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    I've done that a couple of times, its not too bad of a walk to do as the hardest part is the long bit between pen-y-gent and whernside which you get out of the way early.

I'm hoping to find a spare day to get over and run these, but I think it may have to wait till September time for me.

Run?! Run?! RUN!!!! Are you mad?! lol
  • indesisiv
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »
    Run?! Run?! RUN!!!! Are you mad?! lol

No, I am not doing the Walk 2000 miles. I am only logging my runs as mileage for my 2000 mile challenge.

Its not too bad to run it, I've walked it in under 9hrs. So to run it would just mean a faster descent and the boring flat bits, then just power walk up the hills.

If I could fit it in then it would be great training for the marathon I am doing in the peak district in June or the 35 mile run across the lake district in August, or even the marathon I have in the north york moors in November :rotfl:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    49.86 miles completed for last week which brings me to..................................322.64 miles :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure