Fall too Pieces

Options

Comments

• Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    There kinda of is re the cyclists but there all roadies and they are dead dead boring. There top of conversation involves gram counting and silly things re aerodynamics.

I went out with them once and was laughing at one trying to tell me the benefits of shaving my legs to go quicker. I tend to find gram counters and roadies very funny as they usually have silly light bikes but are over weight.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yep.... absolutely true :D
    MTB club riders are TOTALLY different! Topics of discussion are usually, beer, music and how the hell does Danny Mcaskill do it????

BTW check out Mr AL DEE for some good cycling gear mate, got an excellent MTB hooded jacket today :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Haha i have two pairs of shorts and a top and jacket from Aldi (not lycra btw). I have seen injuries when people come of wearing that stuff cling film gives more protection.

I concur roadies are a funny lot. I love it when 45 year old fat men gram count there bikes hmmmmmm lay off beer and pies and get fitter, a friend of a friend bought a hand built wheel set by hope as it weighed 300, 400grams less. it cost him 350 quid. I was biting me tongue.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Well this last week to ten days is one i really really want to forget. I was chatting to a friend on thursday and i found out that my oldest school friend had took his own life. The funeral is a week on monday :-(
    My mate had had mental health issues for years and i think he gave up and took a pill overdose. He was 38 too he took his own life by the sounds of it on his birthday.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your mate Scott :(
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Thanks Scotty

My mate was a smoker and a big rugby fan like me. I was at the Newcastle falcons game on friday night with some friends. We all went after the game to a local pub and had a guiness and lucky strike in his honour.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend, Scott. It so sad to lose someone, but I think it's worse when they take their own lives. A close family friend of ours did this out of the blue around 10 years ago now and I'll never forget it. I hope you manage to raise a glass to your friend and remember the good times.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Yeah we all did on friday night Jojoc

Its my mates funeral on monday coming. I am so so sad he didn't reach out more dealing with mental health is horrible. My friend had struggled and struggled with depression for years.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What awful news about your poor friend Scott. I'm so very, very sorry.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Thank you x

I am going to see him in the funeral home tomorrow x its crap as i feel more alone now than i ever did. I am back to work but i am so down, my mate was always there if i was low, i feel !!!! he didnt confine in any of us but he was in a dark dark place i think.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback