Car Free Day tomorrow - Friday 21 September

Options
Just a quick reminder and link:

http://noimpactman.typepad.com/blog/

see todays entry on this.

Wistful thought/wistful thought - if only..... no traffic fumes/no car noise/all the space currently taken up by cars for roads/parking spaces etc available for things like green spaces/homes/etc. IF ONLY....

please try it for just one day. You may love it.

Comments

• January20
    January20 Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Today I don't need to use my car because I can walk to work and will and tonight I can use public transport to go out which I will do.

However, others days of the week, not using my car means not going to work because there is no decent public transport available, therefore not earning money to live on.... Not a great incentive to leave my car at home is it??
    LBM: August 2006 £12,568.49 - DFD 22nd March 2012
    "The road to DF is long and bumpy" GreenSaints
  • withywood
    Options
    you dont have to catch bristol buses, last year my bus didnt turn up on 36 times and the next bus after mine is 30 minutes later
    :j if my house aint clean enough for you tough
  • Happychappy
    Options
    Where do they get these ideas ? what a sweet fluffy world to think you can give up your car for a day and still work shifts with no buses running and 15 miles to work. Just dreaming about a no work day if I gave up my car :rolleyes:
  • cazrobinson
    Options
    ain't going to happen unless, they also promise to provide public transport between 6am and 8pm, backwards and forwards along the 25 mile route to work.

nahh! that would be too easy!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    please try it for just one day.

I like the idea of reducing pollution and congestion etc.

However I carry a pager and have to respond quickly if needed.

It's not medical but commercial software stuff.
    Nevertheless my company gets impacted big time (with fines) if I don't respond within the agreed service level agreement.

I may have to leave at ANY time (including the night) so how would the promoters suggest that I deal with this?

Or is commerce not included in their idyllic pollution free world?

Nice idea, but in practice I can't see commercial companies making allowances for this.
  • elmer
    elmer Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Boo Hoo I was car free yesterday as I cycled to work, but today I had to take work and boss to the satellite office, and she doesnt like 6 miles on my panniers there and back!!

Never mind I'll try harder next time

Elmer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family