50 Challenges 2017

Options

Comments

• Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had a rubbish week at work. My job has been put at risk. The whole process will be dragged out and I will have to apply for other jobs in the organisation and I won't find out until the end of October if I have a job. If I don't get one, I will have lots of time to do the advents in between visits to the job centre and applying for new jobs.

On the plus side, I won a pair of tickets to Bestival. I won't be going, but DD is going to go today and taking a friend (by the time I was notified I had won, it was too late for her to try and get time off work to go earlier). The weather looks to be lots and lots of rain, so hope her tent doesn't get washed away. The tickets have my name on and you have to take ID, so she is just hoping it is ok as her surname is the same as mind that they don't question it.
  • Marg2k8
    Options
    Just reading through the older posts on here, congratulations everyone on your wins. I think perhaps by 'the next' fraserbooks meant to say 'the newt'. That reminds me, would the newt like to go to Bestival? I'm sure DD could find space in the tent for a little one and she could sneak in by hiding under the car seat.
  • Marg2k8
    Options
    There is a competition here 6048 prizes for anyone that needs it to complete a challenge.
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mansey wrote: »
    Tis very quiet in here :(

What you up to? :eek:

I've been back at work and loosing my comping mojo so only entering very few, if any. Although it should teach me for not clearing my emails out, I had a win from the beginning of September that I have until today to claim, I only noticed it as I was notified by Twitter and decided to check my Twitter today.
    So spending the day clearing up the emails.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,879 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you had a lovely time away GPark, sorry to hear about the ear infection but glad you managed to catch up with the competitions!

Sorry to hear about your job Marg, fingers crossed it all goes well for you.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,471 Forumite
    Options
    I entered a couple of competitions today and I was wondering if the newt would like the prize rather than if I would.

Hello is that a bribe for the newt?

You know the newt is incorruptible (unless it's chocolate or gin or lipstick).

I have had such a busy week at work (start of term) I have been too tired to do any comping apart from the odd instagram one where I have been tagged (thanks to the taggers for that).

Congratulations on everybody's wins.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,585 Forumite
    Options
    Marg2k8 wrote: »
    Just reading through the older posts on here, congratulations everyone on your wins. I think perhaps by 'the next' fraserbooks meant to say 'the newt'. That reminds me, would the newt like to go to Bestival? I'm sure DD could find space in the tent for a little one and she could sneak in by hiding under the car seat.

Tell the Newt you are having a chit day and she IS going to Bestival like it or lump it :rotfl:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,471 Forumite
    Options
    Marg2k8 wrote: »

The newt would love bestival! I would need to come with her though as she has very special needs :whistle:
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • mmm_wine
    mmm_wine Posts: 822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been busy trying to get my house back in order now the kids are all back to school! It still looks like a bomb site though.... lol I have a win to report!!! This morning i won an Oral B Pro 2500 Electric toothbrush on Facebook! :D Trying to think how this could possibly cross of this months challenge... do Newts have teeth?? :rotfl:
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,585 Forumite
    Options
    mmm_wine wrote: »
    I have been busy trying to get my house back in order now the kids are all back to school! It still looks like a bomb site though.... lol I have a win to report!!! This morning i won an Oral B Pro 2500 Electric toothbrush on Facebook! :D Trying to think how this could possibly cross of this months challenge... do Newts have teeth?? :rotfl:

Mrs Bot? :o
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing