We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help Electoral Register & Mortgage

I didn't realise my address on Experian was still for my previous address, I have updated this to my current where I am also on the electoral register. How long will this take to update as this is currently a negative and I am looking for a mortgage ASAP? Or will the lenders see that I am registered at my current address?

Please help!

Comments

  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 25,075 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    Dont worry, 90% of lenders will not make an issue out of this.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thank you for answering so quickly! I am just worried as on the MSE site it says you wouldn't get accepted if you are not on it. If in the worst case we were not accepted how much could this affect my score?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.