Washing Up Gloves Holder Stand

Options
I have Raynaud's which has recently deteriorated and subsequently I use washing up gloves when I am washing the dishes but I need some where to put the gloves to to dry when I am finished using them. I seen these in Lakeland but the reviews aren't great, Argos sells them too.

Has anyone any suggestions where I could get a washing up gloves holder / stand that is actually fit for purpose?

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lakeland is great about changing or refunding if you are at all dissatisfied with anything you buy from them, so if you cannot find an alternative it is certainly worth giving them a try. Many people only ever write a review if they aren't happy about something!
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Lakeland is great about changing or refunding if you are at all dissatisfied with anything you buy from them, so if you cannot find an alternative it is certainly worth giving them a try. Many people only ever write a review if they aren't happy about something!

Good point - that is very true.
  • Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    There's no need for any sort of special kit to dry rubber gloves. Save yourself both money and space and just hang the gloves over the side of the sink, your washing up bowl or your dish drainer.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 November 2016 at 1:50PM
    Options
    Clothes peg, clip cuff to draining rack, and suspend fingers in sink

Any similar kind of spring clip, again, clip the cuff and attach the clip to a cupboard handle, or put a cup hook inside the under-sink cupboard and suspend from that (with something below to catch drips)

etc

etc

All improvised solutions, but just as practical as a specific stand

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21417/6-Big-Duvet-%26-Blanket-Soft-Grip-Clothes-Pegs
  • Teapot55
    Teapot55 Posts: 731 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Mine are attached to a thin S-hook with a clothes-peg. Hooked onto top of little magnetic pen tin stuck to side of fridge. They dry quickly there & last for ages. They get quick dab on towel to remove drips.

would've . . . could've . . . should've . . .

A.A.A.S. (Associate of the Acronym Abolition Society)

There's definitely no 'a' in 'definitely'.
  • Jo4
    Options
    Lisbon wrote: »
    There's no need for any sort of special kit to dry rubber gloves. Save yourself both money and space and just hang the gloves over the side of the sink, your washing up bowl or your dish drainer.

Hanging the gloves on the sink didn't work. Never thought of hanging them from the dish drainer so I have hung them there and will see how it goes.
  • Jo4
    Options
    Lisbon wrote: »

Your suggestion about the dish drainer worked, thank you!! :j :money: :beer:
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you're looking for a chic/stylised holder, try Joseph and Joseph or OXO, both are available from places like Lakeland, House of Fraser, Debenhams, Ocado, John Lewis and so on. Always price check (Amazon, Google and so on) and if you can hold out for discounts, they normally max out at 20% on a good day for these brands.

For a more MSE type, try ebay or contact arthritic or mobility impairment charities and see if they have any suggestions for what you need, they may have a very cheap but effective suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure