We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help to buy ISA in this scenario?
Senseicads
Posts: 208 Forumite
I am looking at moving in with my girlfriend next year. She currently has a mortgage, however we are going to extend the mortgage on her current property by 60k, and add me to the deeds. Obviously protecting her current equity as hers. what I was wondering was if I qualify for a help to buy ISA in this scenario? I've never been a home owner so would I in this instance be able to get a help to buy ISA and put this towards the extension on the mortgage? I didn't think so but a colleague at work reckons that this is a possibility.
thanks
thanks
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards