Trainline Refund

Options
Hi all,
Yesterday I travelled on Virgin trains from Doncaster to Glasgow but only got as far as Newcastle because of the floods, all trains were cancelled so had to return home.
I purchased my tickets through Trainline but they are refusing to refund me, Virgin say I have to get a refund from whom I bought the tickets from. Virgin say its classed as an "Abandoned Journey" so Trainline have to refund.
Does anybody know where I stand within in the law on who if anybody has to refund me, I used a MasterCard if that's any help.
Cheers

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like you do need to apply to Trainline, Virgin would need to pay for a delay, but for abandonement you need to get a refund from wherever you bought the ticket from.

At Newcastle did you ask about alternative methods of getting to Glasgow? Did Virgin offer to get you there by coach or anything?
  • tomnelly
    Options
    Hi,
    Virgin staff at Newcastle said no trains travelling north and told me to get next available train home, Virgin saying its a Trainline issue, Trainline saying its a Virgin problem, pulling my hair out, and I've not got much left!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure