e-vouchers are they safe?

Hi all, I have searched site to see if this issue is covered but not found anything on e vouchers. Are they safe, does anyone have any experience of using them, good or bad. I would appreciate any feedback, many thanks.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi all, I have searched site to see if this issue is covered but not found anything on e vouchers. Are they safe, does anyone have any experience of using them, good or bad. I would appreciate any feedback, many thanks.

Not sure what you mean by are they safe?

You use them online and it reduces the cost of what you are buying, they are readily available and used by hundreds of thousands of people.

Unless you have a specific issue?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thank you Sarah 1972 I appreciate your feedback. I have never used them and just wanted reassurance.
  • sarah1972
    Thank you Sarah 1972 I appreciate your feedback. I have never used them and just wanted reassurance.

You probably need to be more specific to be honest, this board is full of e codes.

The only issues you may have is if a code is customer specific, in which case it may not work.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I want to send an e-voucher as a christmas gift. I have looked at companies that provide them, Amazon, itunes, next & Zara in particular.
  • sarah1972
    I want to send an e-voucher as a christmas gift. I have looked at companies that provide them, Amazon, itunes, next & Zara in particular.

Ah you mean e gift cards, yes they are fine as long as the company doesn't go bust.

I regularly send Amazon gift cards to people and I Tunes and yes they are fine. Just remember that if you are sending them abroad that the ones you buy will be in pounds.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Essentially, if the company selling the e-voucher is reputable (Amazon is the obvious example) it's perfectly safe.

If you're planning to email a code, I suppose there's always going to be a slight risk that the code could end up in the wrong hands (email being inherently insecure) and not with the intended recipient, so I'd always want to use a code as quickly as possible, just in case.

The companies you mention look sound enough, but there are some big name companies around I wouldn't want to risk money with, bearing in mind BHS, Woolworth, Comet etc. When a company collapses any vouchers, paper or otherwise, are usually valueless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure