Trying to beat the predicted DFD!

Options
13»

Comments

• sammiejay
    Options
    I am doing an extra payment every week, and my usual "pay day" is Saturday. I usually pay a tenner a week to CC1 - which has FINALLY gone under £1000. I've just noticed I only needed to pay a fiver to colour my next 1% square in, so have paid early. It's mighty addictive this debt busting!
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    It absolutely isn't a silly time to get cracking with it - it's just a bit tougher, is all! once the light bulb is on, putting it off is just pointless because as you say, another excuse will always come along!

Well done on your sub £1,000 on CC1! :T:T:beer:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Nymphadora
    Options
    Hi sammiejay sounds like you are making good progress. I have a snowball calculator but haven't worked out how to update it with spends or payments, hopefully it will only be payments in 2017.
  • sammiejay
    sammiejay Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear, I've not posted for a long time... But the good news is that I still haven't spent on my credit cards! Unheard of for me at the festive time if year, so I'm happy about that!
    The debt hasn't come down very much at all, but the minimum payments are still being made and I'm doing the penny a day challenge. I'm not doing it in order though, I'm colouring in my spreadsheet whenever I add an amount into my oversize whisky bottle :D
    I've changed my home insurance and managed to save nearly £10 per month and I've kept upto date with my meal plans and taking packed lunches to work. Overall a good start to 2017.
    Wishing you all a very happy and debt busting new year

Sx
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A VERY good start to the year by the sounds of it! :T

The "break even" on the debt is OK at this time of year I think - over Christmas, if you'd usually have added to it, then you can cal that a win in any case, so well done!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • sammiejay
    Options
    So another 3 months have gone by since last I updated this thread, and shamefully not a lot has changed.
    Debt still stands a little over £17000 (17242 to be exact) so not much paid off in 2017 so far.
    Have managed to get the whole amount onto 0% now though, so one or two transfer fees added to the total and also managed to pay my whole years car insurance without resorting to the cards, though this did mean minimum payments only for a few months.
    Still, the debt is less than it was, and I haven't spent on the cards since November 2016-a huge win for me!
    I'm looking forward to welcoming the 16000s very soon and will be popping into your diaries to keep me focused.

Sx
  • sammiejay
    Options
    Just when I thought I might be actually getting somewhere I received a letter about an overdraft I thought I had dealt with months ago. Debt now back up to £17849.94 :wall:
    Debt free date set back to August 2022 and I'm right back where I started.:(
  • sammiejay
    Options
    It's pay day eve! I am so excited to make some payments tomorrow and finally start to see the numbers fall. Even if it won't be by huge amounts, I'm just trying to stay positive and remember slow and steady will do it...
  • ada-or-ardor
    Options
    Stay positive and don't lose sight of why you started in the first place! There will always be obstacles and oversights but you will get there by keeping your chin up :-)
  • sammiejay
    Options
    Thanks for popping by Ada, it's always nice to have visitors �� As tomorrow is pay day I'm going to start completely new and rework my budget with whatever the balance is when I wake up.
    It will be a very tight month as I have several family birthdays to deal with including my DS, last time my light bulb flickered it was right before Christmas, and now at the most expensive time of the rest of the year... It seems I have no intention of making it easy for myself!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure