Game like Comand & Conquer? for xbox one

Hi is there any games that are like Command and Conquer/Red Alert for xbox one?

Also R.U.S.E?

Also Future cop LSPD (PS1 GAME)

Thanks

Replies

• Real time strategy games like Command and Conquer have always been a rarity on home consoles. I'm not aware of anything currently on the Xbox One that is real time like Command and Conquer. In terms of turn based strategy, X-Com 2 is worth a look, as is Banner Saga 2, but again that genre is not particularly well represented either at this point, and I don't know whether or not you would like the real time element of those games.

Really the best place to play real time strategy games is on a PC. You don't even need an up to date or powerful PC. There are endless older real time strategy games on PC that can be purchased either through GOG or Steam, though of course there are more modern examples as well if you do happen to have a PC that can run them.

What is it in relation to Future Cop LAPD that you're looking for? Is it the fact that it is a third person shooter, or the fact that you would take control of certain elements of the map? If the former there are probably a few games that you'll like on Xbox One. If the latter I'm struggling to think of any other game that used that mechanic, let alone on Xbox One.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • ktcoilktcoil Forumite
    559 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    thanks, future cop lapd I liked the in game mode playing with an other player as well as against pc, I liked it going round highlighting and steeling the guns etc and then getting a plane.

My partner also likes games like battleships type games.
  • almillaralmillar Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Not sure if you've already played these on XBOX 360 - but Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun and Red Alert, at least, are on XBOX 360 - and it's very likely that XBOX ONE can run these.
  • almillar wrote: »
    Not sure if you've already played these on XBOX 360 - but Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun and Red Alert, at least, are on XBOX 360 - and it's very likely that XBOX ONE can run these.
    It can't. New games are being added to the backwards compatibility list all the time, but currently neither is backwards compatible.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There's Halo Wars which is a strategy game, not sure if its available for the Xbox One
  • Hodge4everHodge4ever Forumite
    350 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    There's Halo Wars which is a strategy game, not sure if its available for the Xbox One
    This is the 1st one that came to mind, Halo Wars is backwards compatible so will work on the Xbox One.

Halo Wars 2 is due out imminently, the beta was a couple of months ago and as a very casual RTS player I found it enjoyable.
  • Carl31Carl31 Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hodge4ever wrote: »
    This is the 1st one that came to mind, Halo Wars is backwards compatible so will work on the Xbox One.

Halo Wars 2 is due out imminently, the beta was a couple of months ago and as a very casual RTS player I found it enjoyable.

HW2 is due out Feb 17, probably the only game like C&C on XB1

its going to be good
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Last week's energy Q&A with MSE experts

MSE Forum

Ninja Kitchen air fryer & grill £175

Normally £250. Excl Northern Ireland

MSE Deals