Amazon Flex deliveries

Options
Is anyone working for Amazon delivering parcels? I am looking to earn some extra dosh for Christmas and came across this but I don't know whether it's a legit site.

You have to prove you have the right to work in the UK which I am presuming means sending a copy of your passport and driving licence but I just want to check it's not a scam.

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Every job has to check whether you have the right to work in the UK so that requirement is not in itself any indicator of a scam. A bigger issue is that the anecdotal evidence suggests that you'll need to work many hours to make any money and you could easily be earning below minimum wage but there's nothing you can do about it as they will insist you are self employed.
  • haxor
    haxor Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't do it mate,I work for amazon and trust me that i see delivery driver getting treated like criminals,avoid if you can.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    i love my amazon prime but would NEVER work for them, im aware of what goes on, not good.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With those magic red slippers I expect you'll be Amazon's new record holder on deliveries per day.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    With those magic red slippers I expect you'll be Amazon's new record holder on deliveries per day.

Given that they are worth $300,000 I suspect the owner has no need to do a sub-minimum wage job for Amazon :D.
  • pops
    pops Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to resurrect this thread. I work for Amazon Flex and have been doing it since Xmas 2016. There is money to be made, if you manage to catch a "delivery block". Thats what they call a shift, which is posted on the app. You have to be quick as they get snapped up. I earn roughly £15 per hour including tips. Never less than £13 per hour. It's been valuable in that little extra income to pay the bills.
    I disagree that it's minimum wage, neither are you pushed to accomplish deadlines. You are given parcels in 2 hour slots, the deliveries are timed based on the location and time to drive to it. I've never made a late delivery.
    I would definitely recommend it.
  • Gillsfan
    Gillsfan Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, am looking into amazon flex... would love more info if its still working and you haven't had any issues?
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who tips the delivery driver when they drop off a parcel?

It's Amazon themselves who stated - drivers will be paid “between £13 and £15 an hour including tips”
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mac.d wrote: »
    Who tips the delivery driver when they drop off a parcel?

It's Amazon themselves who stated - drivers will be paid “between £13 and £15 an hour including tips”

If using Prime Now (which I assume this is about) then the user tips on-line when ordering, automatically set to £2 but you can change this to any amount or nothing if you so wish.

AFAIA all the tip goes to the driver.
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2017 at 8:17PM
    Options
    WAT THE HELL!!

Is that new or have i been tipping without knowing? Im going to check

Sorry but Amzon is big enough to pay their staff properly instead of relying on me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure