The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• It can't be more of a shock than this past year.
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Hush...
    GP might take that as a challenge and do some more baking!

;)

IT'S TWINS!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: (not really!!!!!!!!). I [STRIKE]think [/STRIKE] know, my days of bake orf are over :D You've got to quit whilst ahead, and know when you've peaked :D

We have a new cooker (finally in) and plenty of potatoes and fresh bread if that doesn't cry chip butties I don't know what does.

:rotfl:

That definitely cries chip buttys. Get out the serviettes, I'm on my way! I'll bring the HP and tommie sauces :D Sorry you couldn't sleep hun. If you're anything like me, you'll find sleep 2 minutes before the alarm goes off to.... wake you up.

We're up and about, someone is as bright as a button, some of us are less so......

Be back soon :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Good Morning :hello:

Now, will we get and stay ahead today? Due to our earlyish start? :think:

Can't believe that we are nearly at the weekend again. Where does the time go?

Friday, so it should be pizza and oven chips for tea. I think it will be a 'low' calorie pizza, on account of us not having alot of cheese to throw on the top of it :( I will do cheese and tommy, probably, to use up the last of the cherry tomatoes that I picked up from mrL.

I thought of an item that I need to add to the 'stock cupboard' list last night and I'm blowed if I can remember what it is now. I'm experimenting with having a weekly food budget now - to co-incide with setting the meal-plan weekly. But there is still the dilemma of how to purchase the building block items - salt, sugar, tea, coffee, vinegars, flours and by bingo! I've remembered what it was - Yeast! Excuse me whilst I dash orf..................................Phew! On the list :D

So I'm thinking, I'll try and set the list at the start of the month, add up what it'll come to (ball-park) divide by 4 (or 5) and then 'skim' off an amount from each of the weeks. Then if there is anything that I have forgotten, it will come out of the weekly budget, but won't be so burdensome, iyswim. I'll try it anyway. If it doesn't work, I'll have to go back to the drawing board. I also want to try to make sure that there is a little bit each week available to buy 'something' for the food bank. My preference will always to buy milk (British, and only as long as they need it), but we'll see how it goes. Actually, I've just checked and the milk is still in the 'most wanted' category, so I guess I'll keep on buying it.

We need to schedule in a pootle over to mrA for something for Baby Greying. so that'll take care of today's exercise. And if I have any free time, I have plenty of 'tidying' to keep me occupied :D

Right, best shake a tail-feather and get started I guess.

Thanks for popping in, reading and commenting. Much appreciated, as ever.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Lovely new diary ,i love reading all your posts and looking at your delicious recipes ,im already looking forward to your next post .Good luck on whatever you choose to do.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Friday...
    Pizza chez GP...
    'nuff said
    :)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Good Evening :hello:

try harder - thank you, that is very kind. We'll see how things unfold, eh?

rtandon - correctomundo! Friday was/is indeed pizza and wedges night :D

Well, we went over to mrA. It's a bit of a long auld haul these days. It's like any of the big 4, I only ever go there for one or two bits and when you're on shanks' pony, it gets a bit of a faff. But still I'm too darn stubborn to pay £1 extra for the same thing from b00ts, so what to do!

I popped into the post office to put some pennies/coppers in my bank account - so much easier than using my bank, and the staff say nice things to BG without necessarily then leading into a sales pitch for a 'junior savings account' or an 'financial overhaul for mum' *sigh*

The high street was busy, due to hols I suppose, so I headed home, soonest. Completely forgetting that I had intended to go to h3ron f00ds to get the oven chips for us tea! DOH! :doh: I tell you, there must be just kittens and fluffiness in between my ears at the minute - my braincell is nowhere to be seen :(

Luckily DH has access to a mrL on his route home, so he was duly tasked with picking up a bag of their wedges for ... is it 65 or 68p? Anyhoo, the man came home bearing gifts, what can I say? :kisses3:

I did make a cheese and tomato pizza. There was just enough cheese to call it that without getting pursued by trading standards :rotfl: There were just enough cherry tomatoes - halved - to cover the top, without looking miserly. I sprinkled dried basil and oregano on top, a grind or two of black pepper and some nutritional yeast.

I'm afraid there are no photos. DH wanted me to take a pic of Baby Greying who had dropped off to snooze in a very, 'comfortable?, don't mind if i do' pose. Course, the battery chose to give out and I hadn't really got time to change it and faff about finding the charged battery. They have been 'moved' to a safe place to await sorting, but I'm used to having them 'to hand', but in the way........

Anyway, the pizza tasted nice, the wedges - whilst I suppose they are a processed product, and wouldn't be to everyones taste, are OK and got munched. I certainly would pay 60-something pence for them, rather than paying £2.50 for a pack of soggy chips from any of the chippers I can think of having frequented in Greying Town. And thinking about it logically, excluding cooking costs and preparation time, my pizza and wedges cost no more than £2, and could have served 4 adults (2 pieces of pizza each and some wedges), now that is what I call a meal deal :D

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

the Post Office - ours still tries hard (most of the time) to be a nice place to do business.

that I'm on 'Team Greying' - life's easier with support and good with love :D

that a sweet memory of the day has been captured for all time

Thanks for popping in, reading and commenting. Sorry about the lack of pics of us tea. Will aim to do better :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Can't stop humming this...

OH wants to know why!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • rtandon27 wrote: »
    Can't stop humming this...

OH wants to know why!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You've got me humming it now :rotfl::rotfl::T:D

tumblr_n21akx8VbZ1rcejm3o1_500.gif
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You've got me humming it now :rotfl::rotfl::T:D

tumblr_n21akx8VbZ1rcejm3o1_500.gif

Me too :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • :rotfl::rotfl: And me!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Y'all twigged that was the link in 'Fall apart in my backyard' in my OP - right?

Exactly the inspiration for the title of the diary :D

Sorry to give you all an earworm though! But it is rather a good one, isn't it?

Thank you Upsidedown Bear - who needs pics of pizza, when we've great gifs supplied by your good self :D:D :T

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure