Spam email

Options
All of a sudden, I am getting loads of spam coming through my btinternet address. I'm constantly going onto the laptop and blocking the domain address. Was hoping this would solve the problem, but it seems no. Any other ideas?? I get about 50-100 spam emails coming through per day on my email...driving me nuts!! Please help. Thanks

Comments

• nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mines dropped to about 20 a day, similar to my Wife's. Neither of us are looking for work or Russian sex workers, not me any way :) , I just go into spam and delete without checking as I can't really be bothered sorting out the wheat from the chaf.
  • Sugarmummy
    Sugarmummy Posts: 79 Forumite
    edited 22 October 2016 at 9:43PM
    Options
    Mines not even going into spam grrr I have blocked over 70 domains today alone! Started off with about 20 and no I'm not looking for Russian women either lol
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sugarmummy wrote: »
    Mines not even going into spam grrr I have blocked over 70 domains today alone! Started off with about 20 and no I'm not looking for Russian women either lol
    In options: Junk e mail \ filters and reporting \ Select filters to exclusive
    This will send spam to junk mail.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • tommie
    tommie Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    get a gmail ad, relatively spam free for me, no more than six in a week
  • Sugarmummy
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    In options: Junk e mail \ filters and reporting \ Select filters to exclusive
    This will send spam to junk mail.

Hi don't seem to have this option with btinternet:(
  • Sugarmummy
    Options
    tommie wrote: »
    get a gmail ad, relatively spam free for me, no more than six in a week

I do have a gmail address but this my main address which I've used for a number of years. Has been grand up until now thanks.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have your btmail collected by your gmail address, its easy to set up

Then slowly change to gmail which will filter it better
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am the same and I keep blocking and they still keep coming :mad:
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • Heisenbug
    Options
    Ditch BT or use another provider to get your email from BT (I use Outlook.com) I've had my BT address for a long time and pay £1.60 for the privilege but the level of spam pushed me away and I'd rather not have an email linked to my ISP.

BT moved away from Yahoo email and rolled their own which resulted in a huge spike in spam which has reduced but still seems to spike regularly. My account was BT Mail and now seems to be back to BT Yahoo and I don't see as much spam but I don't really use the account anymore.
  • Sugarmummy
    Options
    So I did what ballyblack said and I have no spam today.....seems btinternet aren't interested. Tho think I need to keep the address active for use with bt internet package. So for now everything is forwarded to my gmail address actual emails that is.....thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure