We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Mortgage and new job??

I've seen what I think could be 'the house' for my little family. And am really tempted to go and have a look. However my husband has literally just given notice in his old job, and will be starting a new one 8/11.
Do we have a hope in hell of being accepted or are we better off sticking to the original plan and waiting until the summer??

Comments

  • There will be no probationary period, the employer would be happy to write a letter to this effect
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    What's the harm in trying??? Speak to a mortgage broker.
  • I think I will actually - thanks :)
  • When we got our mortgage I had just started a new job, I worked with a mortgage broker who said that this wasn't a problem they just wanted to check previous employment record to ensure that I hadn't had a long period of unemployment and was likely to hold down the new job.
  • Some lenders will allow a new job even if you haven't technically started yet so it's definitely possible.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.